“Cheap tacos, excellent service, big portions!”

Chiltepin Marisquillos
Ranked #26 of 1,333 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mexican Fusion; an exquisite mixture of North and South flavours. Seafood and Mexican cuisine.
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The title about sums it up. We have eaten here about five times in the last two weeks. I am a vegequarian, pescatarian, whatever you want to call it, and my husband and I find it tough finding a place that satisfies us both.

Tacos 'Del Reyos' (???) something like that, are maize tortilla with big bits of beer battered fried fish and a homemade red cabbage coleslaw. Yummy! They are $20 MXP each! I have two of those and I'm happy. They also do a shrimp version in the same batter, but I am addicted to the fish ones. Husband always has the 'Cantinita' again - or something like that - which is arracherra beef tacos, he loves it - he is fussy sometimes and I find it hard to know what he will say is good or bad. But if he rates it, it must be good. $75 MXP. Good serving of meat with the tortilla on the side.

Service is super quick, the beers are cold and I am falling in love with this place. The house salad looks good, but I have yet to try it, still enjoying the best fish tacos I've found in Playa. Although I would like to try them without being fried in batter - purely for my waistline!

They alway bring a basket of corn chip over to each table, sometimes these seem homemade, others shop bought (which is the norm here) but the chipotle sauce that is given in little squeezey bottle on the table is awesome! I am also addicted to that!!! In fact as I am writing this I am making myself hungry.

Looking forward to going back asap! They have a singer on Thursday, just him and a guitar, he is great fun and does requests. We had a sing-a-long last visit, it was just a really lovely, relaxed and fun night. Highly recommended for cheap eats with a local vibe.

20th Avenue and 34th, near the Sabbia condo block.

1  Thank mevesysufres

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a local excursion guide. He recommended the Camaronada and shrimp tacos with dried beef on top. Along with his recommendations, we also ordered a large plate of mixed sea-food ceviche. The food and drinks were over the top - amazing! The service was fantastic as well. The only downside was that the bill was a bit pricier than what we had anticipated. Even with that said, we would definitely go again. Delicious food, tasty drinks, and friendly service. Chiltepin gets two thumbs up from me!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Great little place, good food, great prices. I had the taco norawa, and it was incredible. Great place for a nice, cheap little lunch. Very highly recommended!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Place was a recommendation from our hotel, very local place with pretty much only Mexican guests. Seafood was excellent and service was fun and heartfelt!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Our cave dive guide told us about this place. I wish we had met him sooner. We have been to some great places to eat in Playa. This one is far under rated. The tuna with cilantro sauce is one of the best plates of food I have ever eaten. Everyone was very friendly. We sat and watched soccer after dinner. I would have eaten here a couple of times during our stay if we had found it sooner. They even have a pool.