“Great Day with Roberto Mar 8th/2013”

Fishing with Roberto Navarro
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Hola Everyone,
Just got home from Aventuras Spa Palace on Saturday. I had made arrangements before we left to meet up with Robert C from Washington State, and split the cost of a full day trip.
Everything worked out great with all parties showing up for 6 am at El Faro Restaurant and the beach. Roberto and Tony were just loading the boat and preparing to cast off as we stepped on the beach.
Weather was beautiful although the wind was forecast to build for the day. So off we go headed south to the first of Roberto's marks. Once we set up it wasnt long before I had the first bite. Ended up landing a 45 Lb Amaco jack on a 250 g jig. We kept moving around looking for a consistent bite but was a hard go with the wind picking up and fighting with a strong current. As we moved further south trying a number of different baits we threw poppers for jacks and barracuda and tried some shallow jigging for snappers and grouper.
While we were using the smaller jigs RobertC was able to entice a sailfish to bite on the drop. This was a first for me in the six times I have fished with Roberto. Over the rest of the trip we had a couple more amberjack bites with no more landed. All in all we had a pretty good day considering the amberjacks were moving out and the pelagic bite ( tuna ,marlin, mahi mahi or dorado) soon to start in the next couple of weeks.
Best of luck to those that have made the right decision to book with Roberto, to those undecided I hope this helps. There is no one in Playa that works harder to get you on fish than Roberto Navarro.

6  Thank MrMassey

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I loved fishing with Roberto! We were 4 guys looking for a good fish fight and we found it with Roberto, his padre and their fantastic jigging technique.

Book early, then confirm best day for fishing or days for fishing once there and he will make sure you get a great day on the water.

We started early and caught many nice Amber Jack. 3 were over 40lbs.

See you again Roberto, next time I am down near Playa!

2  Thank Chris S
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Went fishing out of Playa del Carmen with Roberto over the Christmas holiday. Roberto and first mate Tony were top notch: very professional, extremely knowledgable and great fishing partners. They worked very hard to put us on fish and we were rewarded handsomely for their efforts. My son landed a beautiful sailfish, which was the highlight of our trip to Playa! Looking forward to going back to Mexico an getting back out on the water with Roberto!

1  Thank John Q
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Great time as always fishing with Roberto. Excellent instructor and was nice enough to communicate with me during the year to purchase my own rod and reel that was a perfect fit for me. Thanks to Roberto I am very comfortable with various methods of jigging. Next time I will ask for some help with knots. This guy even has his own tournament at the end of November each year. Got lucky this year and teamed up with Steve who got some popper action along with the jigging. Can't wait until next trip.

3  Thank Craig S
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Go fishing with Roberto. You absolutely have to! He was fully booked for the week that I visited, but he made some time in the afternoon for me during the week. Roberto and his friend Tony do a great job of putting you on some big fish. I have never gone jigging before, and watching Roberto work tirelessly to hook up the fish made me realize how important it was for him to make us happy with our fishing experience. He is a real fisherman and a real good man........he even dropped us off at our hotel's beach away from town.......and all the hotel guests looked in amazement at our catch. Roberto keep your schedule open for me next year!

Father and son trip, November 2012