“Best coffee and chocolate in Playa!”
Review of La Casa del Chocolate - CLOSED

La Casa del Chocolate
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Montreal, Canada
“Best coffee and chocolate in Playa!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stumbled upon this cool little cafe and were really pleasantly surprised. The coffee is great, the service is really friendly and (the owner is a Belgian patisiere) the chocolate and desserts are amazing. A really great find.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank 482DanMac482

Indiana, USA
“Wonderful dessert and so friendly”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My family found this cafe on the way back from 5th Ave. We are so glad we stopped here for dessert, that we have been twice already in three days. My son insists that I write a review tonight saying we'll be back yet again before we leave, because if it is on the internet it will come true.

We have had (over our two visits): banana milkshake, chocolate milkshake, crepe w/ chocolate and ice cream, waffles w/ chocolate and ice cream, "casa del chocolate" crepe, and banana-chocolate mousse. All were great!! We are divided on a favorite - but I would recommend the crepes. Their cafe americano is quite good too.

Our waiter was very friendly and made us feel very welcome.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank SZ_travels
Malvern, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic desserts & chocolates & friendliest staff in Playa”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband & I have been coming here for the last 2 years for dessert & coffee almost every night during our 6 week stay. The desserts & chocolates are gorgeous & delicious. Jerome & his staff are so genuine & friendly & always make us feel so welcome. On our friend's birthday they even sang to her!
Don't miss out on stopping here. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank MADRW
534 jefferson ave. gloucester,nj
“Great Desserts and Wonderful treats!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stopped at this wonderful little cafe and store after dinner.The desserts are delicious as are all the chocolates.The staff is so friendly.What a wonderful jewel!

• Visited February 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Good desserts and great staff!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I ate dessert and had a cappuccino here every day that I was in Playa Del Carmen (2 weeks in November). The staff and owner are great and the desserts and specialty coffees are excellent! We had a 2 year old traveling with us and every time we visited, the staff would come out with a child size complimentary dessert for him. I would highly recommend this place and will definitely go back if I am ever in Playa again. I might just have to go back to Playa just to get my dessert fix from La Casa del Chocolate.

• Visited November 2012