“Fantastic desserts & chocolates & friendliest staff in Playa”
Review of La Casa del Chocolate - CLOSED

La Casa del Chocolate
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband & I have been coming here for the last 2 years for dessert & coffee almost every night during our 6 week stay. The desserts & chocolates are gorgeous & delicious. Jerome & his staff are so genuine & friendly & always make us feel so welcome. On our friend's birthday they even sang to her!
Don't miss out on stopping here. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank MADRW

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stopped at this wonderful little cafe and store after dinner.The desserts are delicious as are all the chocolates.The staff is so friendly.What a wonderful jewel!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I ate dessert and had a cappuccino here every day that I was in Playa Del Carmen (2 weeks in November). The staff and owner are great and the desserts and specialty coffees are excellent! We had a 2 year old traveling with us and every time we visited, the staff would come out with a child size complimentary dessert for him. I would highly recommend this place and will definitely go back if I am ever in Playa again. I might just have to go back to Playa just to get my dessert fix from La Casa del Chocolate.

2  Thank Kiiiiiiiiiiiii
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This lovely place is owner operated by a friendly and hard working man from Belgium. The chocolates, from crispy or creamy hazelnut to marzipan with dark chocolate, to the gorgeous cakes are fresh, delicious and a welcome change from so many of the same ordinary places around here.
On a cold and rainy evening, this was truly a warm escape (for the second or third time).
Thank you!

1  Thank citygirlcountrygirl
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I managed to pass this every day without realising what it actually was - mistaking it for a simple coffee shop. After seeing reviews and then recognising facade from the pics we decided to pop in. I enjoyed a fabulous simple melted chocolate in hot milk and my husband has an incredible milkshake. We also had a chocolate bar - not the best in the world, but prob the best in town. We meant to go back and try the beautiful cakes but alas our trip ended.

3  Thank LuxBunBun