“Good desserts and great staff!”
Review of La Casa del Chocolate - CLOSED

La Casa del Chocolate
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Calgary, Canada
“Good desserts and great staff!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I ate dessert and had a cappuccino here every day that I was in Playa Del Carmen (2 weeks in November). The staff and owner are great and the desserts and specialty coffees are excellent! We had a 2 year old traveling with us and every time we visited, the staff would come out with a child size complimentary dessert for him. I would highly recommend this place and will definitely go back if I am ever in Playa again. I might just have to go back to Playa just to get my dessert fix from La Casa del Chocolate.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Kiiiiiiiiiiiii

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Dreamy little bites”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

This lovely place is owner operated by a friendly and hard working man from Belgium. The chocolates, from crispy or creamy hazelnut to marzipan with dark chocolate, to the gorgeous cakes are fresh, delicious and a welcome change from so many of the same ordinary places around here.
On a cold and rainy evening, this was truly a warm escape (for the second or third time).
Thank you!

1 Thank citygirlcountrygirl
Isleworth, United Kingdom
“A lovely surprise”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I managed to pass this every day without realising what it actually was - mistaking it for a simple coffee shop. After seeing reviews and then recognising facade from the pics we decided to pop in. I enjoyed a fabulous simple melted chocolate in hot milk and my husband has an incredible milkshake. We also had a chocolate bar - not the best in the world, but prob the best in town. We meant to go back and try the beautiful cakes but alas our trip ended.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank LuxBunBun
Sydney, Australia
“Delicious!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Both the deserts we had - the chocolate mousse and the Paris Brest pastry - were delicious! The chocolate mousse was very rich!

SeaTac, Washington
“If you LOVE chocolate...............”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

From the first time I went here I was in LOVE......they have the very best Belguim chocolate goodies, from truffles, cakes, tortes and other goodies, someone in our group wanted the new Mango cake which was a delight, and they let us sample a new creation with almond cream, melts in your mouth and is sure to be a hit, in March we bought cakes for a birthday and everyone raved about them, I must say I've been so focused on his desserts that I failed to realize that he has waffles, sandwiches and what appears to be a pretty full menus, so next vacation we will be there sampling those and of course leaving with a bit of chocolate :') wander off 5th Ave and enjoy

• Visited November 2012