“Awesome experience!”

Mexxtremo Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The best tour of Playa del Carmen more adrenaline and fun of the Riviera Maya ATV with an incredibly beautiful cenote ....
Reviewed June 19, 2013

It had been raining for most of our trip and finally when the clouds and rain let up my girlfriend and I decided to do something interesting. We chose this over snorkeling and it was completely worth it. The guides were very nice and helpful. Even if you have zero experience on a atv you will have a blast. The guide was able to communicate with everyone and spoke many different languages. Overall the atv ride through the jungle was great and swimming in the cenote afterwards was a great way to cool off. I would recommend this adventure to anybody visiting playa del Carmen!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I did not plan on going to Mexxtremo at first. But after we were getting settled into our hotel and were talking with Olympus Tours, they were telling us about some different excursions and this one caught our eye because my boyfriend loves ATVs. There are 3 different time slots: 7:00, 10:00, and 1:00. The 10:00 one is the most popular and we decided to do the one at 7. We ended up being picked up around 7:30 and we were with a great group! Manuel was one of our guides and he was great! You can either ride the ATVs together or separately, it costs a little extra to ride individually- but the difference really isn't that much at all. I only chose to ride with my boyfriend because I have never driven an ATV before and was a little nervous about it. In fact my boyfriend has a lot of experience and the tour guide ended up taking us on a couple different routes because we got so far ahead of the group! I thought it was great that they did that in order to make up for the time difference instead of just having us sit there and wait for the others to catch up. After some riding we walked through a cave. Very cool. Then you do some more riding and jump into a natural sea water pool. Very refreshing after sweating on the back of an ATV! Then we did some more driving until we got to the beach where we did our snorkeling. Incredible! We were on a private beach that is only open to people who do the Mexxtremo Adventures. We saw soo many different kinds of fish and even a manta ray! I love snorkeling and this was hands down my favorite part of the day. We got back to the main area at around 10:30. I recommend the early time slot at 7 because that way it is not too hot and then when you get back to your hotel, you still have the rest of the day to yourselves! They also take pictures of you during the different activities. I think it was either $25 or $30. I got the pictures- they have a very nice camera and the shots they get of you are great! They run this place very efficiently and you don't feel rushed moving from one activity to the next. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We booked an ATV/ Snorkel tour through a rep in our hotel. Towards the end of our holiday we had a bit of spare spending money and wanted to try something different.

We had no preconceptions as to what was instore but it was so much more than we anticipated. None of us had ridden an ATV and all chose to have our own. We were on the 8am tour which meant it wasnt to hot either... note in shorts you do feel the heat of the engine on your bare legs. By the time we had finished our ATV ride with a brief stop to view a dried our cave we were encouraged to dive into a Cenote.. this is a must and you will be dying to rinse off all the dust and sand as you get covered. Ensure you wear something you dont mind ruining with dirt.

We took our own snorkell equipment but they will provide if not... they take you to the most idyllic beach which is so beautiful and you have a good while in the water snorkelling.

The guides are friendly and very patient in ensuring everyone gets the most out of the experience.

Dont think twice about booking this tour... transport is included.

1  Thank RachaelD
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This did not disappoint me at all. If you want something different to do other than lay on the beach, this is a great experience and well worth it! It was my first time ever to ride and drive an ATV but I felt safe. They took me to the easy path first so I get the feel of the road and the vehicle and when they saw that I started to get the feel for the quad, they took me to the more challenging terrains. It was sooooooo much fun.

1  Thank Doinks S
Reviewed May 12, 2013

What an experience....well worth it! We only paid 40 dollars each just outside our resort....worth so much more!