We felt welcome from the minute we walked into Hacienda Paradise. The transition from 20 degree weather in Philadelphia to 85 degree weather in Playa del Carmen was not easy. By the time we dragged our suitcases into the lobby of Hacienda Paradise, we were sweating up a storm. I just began to tell Leon at reception that we had a reservation, when he asked, "Would you like a cold drink?" Leon promptly reached into the fridge and poured us each an ice cold orange drink. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!
Clearly, our comfort was Leon's first priority. The business transaction of check-in could wait. This delightful first encounter set the tone for the rest of our four night stay at Hacienda Paradise.
The hotel features a delicious and varied breakfast buffet each morning, which included fresh cut fruit, yogurt, choice of granolas, a variety of baked goods, cold cuts, cheese, a selection of hot items that changed daily such as scrambled eggs with ham, huevos rancheros, french toast, pancakes, etc. There was also orange or pineapple juice, coffee and tea, plus the staff could make cappuccino, espresso and other beverages to order. My reason for detailing the breakfast offerings is to respond, in a way, to the comment from the Winnipeg travelers that the breakfast was "alright, but nothing to write home about." To the contrary, breakfast at Hacienda Paradise was fresh, varied and excellent. Moreover, lingering over coffee is encouraged and the guests never feel pressured to "turn the table."
Unlimited free high-speed internet access is available at two terminals in the lobby - a rare feature at a Riviera Maya resort. The front desk staff is always available to provide information about restaurants and attractions. Need laundry service? No problem. Drop off the laundry in the morning and the clean clothes will be delivered to your room later the same day - and at a very reasonable price.
We found that the front desk staff quickly got to know us and greeted us warmly not only in the hotel, but also when crossing paths in town.
Rooms were impeccably clean and comfortable. Each room has either a balcony or terrace facing the central courtyard, pool and restaurant. The large sliders make the room bright.
The hotel is well located. Nearly everything you could want - the beach, fine restaurants, shops, banks and services - are all within easy walking distance of Hacienda Paradise.
We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private oasis of elegance and seduction in the heart of Playa del Carmen. This stylish hotel offers a unique and memorable holiday experience in the idyllic setting of the cosmopolitan and coastal city of Playa del Carmen.Hacienda Paradise enjoys an excellent location close to the famous 5th Avenue and its numerous shops, restaurants and bars. Located between the 10th Avenue and the famous "Quinta Avenida" (5th Avenue), pedestrian walkway only two blocks away from the Caribbean Sea, this Boutique hotel offers relax and comfort steps away from some of the most beautiful powder white sandy and turquoise crystalline water the Mayan Riviera has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity and HostelWorld so you can book your Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel By Xperience Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Hacienda Paradise Boutique
- Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel By Xperience Hotels Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico