“People, People, People and Location, Location, Location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels
Ranked #42 of 212 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
“People, People, People and Location, Location, Location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2010

My wife and I just returned from a 10 day stay at Hacienda Paradise. It's ratings on TA was a major reason for our decision. We weren't disappointed. Their motto is "infinite hospitality" and they stand up to their motto. The staff, from top to bottom, did everything they could to make our stay pleasurable. Certainly there are a few "rough edges" at the hotel, but they are far outweighed by the friendliness and hard working hotel staff. In short the PEOPLE are number one. Muchas gracias!

Our room was very clean and comfortable, if a bit 'plain'. The beds were hard, as many are in Mexico, and to our liking. We were on the ground floor and it was only a few steps to the lounge furniture around the pool.

Many earlier comments have mentioned the construction issues with the adjoining hotel. Looks like things are improving as this hotel is nearing completion. However, there were still periods when power saw and hammering noise was distracting. From our observation the Manager of HP was attempting to deal with their 'neighbors' and resolve the issues as quickly as possible. It certainly isn't an easy situation.

Having been to Playa several times before we spent probably more time at the hotel than most guests would. We ate a fair number of meals at the hotel besides the complimentary Hacienda Breakfast. From a number of lunches and one special evening dinner it's clear that many guests are missing the boat by eating most of their meals on 5th Avenue. Meals were tasty and fun thanks to Bepe and his staff at a reasonable price. Erbe provided drinks, at the restaurant, as well as around the pool that were great.

Located just a very short block off 5th Avenue made the "Location" a strong second plus.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Hebrew first
Winchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed staying here and will be returning for a furher week there in late February. The concierge Jorge was excellent and helpful, front desk staff were delightful and so were the restaurant and cleaning staff. Breakfasts were very good with fresh fruit salad and a good choice of other items. The twin beds were very comfortable being firm just as we like it. The shower was warm and had a good flow. Bottles of cold water were provided gratis at reception. Self service tea/coffee was available in the lobby at all times. The free wi-fi was most convenient. One could swim in the pool despite it being smallish but of reasonable size for this 30 or so room small hotel. The hotel location is on the edge of the shopping and restaurant area with a couple of good value local restaurants nearby. It is sad that the rear of the structurally complete, new and adjacent, Reina Roja hotel
(front view https://booking.ihotelier.com/istay/hotelimages/73731/73731_0_5_1.jpg )
heavily overlooks the Hacienda's internal garden and pool. There was some very occasional drilling sounds coming by day from the work finishing the inside of the Reina Roja.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with a friend after a conference we both attended in november 2009. The staff were absolutely lovely and incredibly helpful with our many requests and questions. As we only had 3 nights here we wanted to get the most out of our stay and the concierge, Jorge, was wonderful in giving us directions to good restaurants, interesting landmarks and booking us on a great tour. The rooms were clean and well looked after. The special touches the cleaning staff put into the rooms after servicing always brought a smile to our faces. Breakfast was also included and done well. The hotel is close to the main shopping strip with lots of shops and places to eat. It is also close to the beach and the staff more than happy to provide us with towels, beach club vouchers and directions. The free internet and cold bottled water were great little extras. While we were obviously just one room among many, the staff made us feel like the only ones there by remembering our names, room numbers, and details of conversations we had, giving it a personal feel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank pokeythescientist
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2010

First, I'll start with the issue: I booked the room online for 5 nights through their website. It was all paid for upfront. When I arrived, they didn't have confirmation of my reservation! Even after I showed them the printout, I was simply given a headshake. I pressed a little bit more and the man went into some room and came back and indeed found my reservation. But he said that the rate was different and I had to pay $5/more per night. I said 'no'. I paid in full already. After some consideration, he backed down. This is NOT how one should start their vacation....being stressed out.

After checking in, I didn't have to deal with the front desk again. So, everything was fine. The hotel itself is beautiful!! The grounds/pool area are very well kept. My room was the nicest room I've stayed in in a budget or moderate priced hotel. I had a huge king bed with oversized pillows. T.V. and wetbar. I loved the bathroom!! Nice fixtures!! I had a balconey room overlooking the pool. Great Security at night!!I

I used their transportation service to and from the airport. They were waiting for me when I arrived with my name on a sign. Very nice!!

I'd stay here again. I'm just leery about the check in process. Especially when I paid in full.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Vanessa T
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

We really enjoyed this hotel. The location was great, the rooms were very nice and comfortable. The bed was super comfortable. We did the xperience deal so we had passes to the beach club included as well as drinks from the mini bar.

The bathroom was clean, good shower and well thought out design with shelf space to spread out.

There was a net book in the room as well as free wifi which was very convenient.

The staff was very welcoming and friendly.

The breakfast was included and pretty decent - buffet style - eggs, toast, granola, yogurt, pancakes some days, crepes others.

We spent 4 days here and 4 days at the hotel Alhambra and we greatly preferred this hotel. I'll review Alhambra separately.

We would return to Hacienda Paradise.

1 Thank Greenie-300
Superior
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2010

We stayed at the Hacienda Paradise in mid January. We were on our way to Tulum to a bed and breakfast there and decided to add a couple of days in Playa. All of the staff at Hacienda were just great. They were very communicative with me via the internet before we arrived, answering questions promptly. We were greeted very warmly upon our arrival and check-in went very smoothly. Our room was very pleasant and the bed was great. I really enjoyed the towel art each day and the extra of petals on the bed. The pool area is lovely and we enjoyed sitting on our little balcony. The high speed internet worked great- my Skype call to my daughter was better reception than when we are down the block from one another! The breakfasts were very nice and there was a good variety, with egg dishes as well. We really enjoyed the location- just a couple of blocks from 5th Ave. The walk to Mamita's beach club was short and our advertised free passes were exactly that. We had no problems with that at all, so I'm not sure what others were referring to. It was cool and windy the day we were there, but we went to the beach anyway and read our books there. The service was friendly and we enjoyed our time there. Our only negatives were that there was quite a bit of street noise in our room. We put on the air conditioner to try to block the noise, but it wasn't able to compete. And we could see how the air conditioner would not really cool the room as well as we would want in warmer months due to the location over the door in the foyer to the room. I would stay at the Hacienda again, but probably not in the summer (but we really like our room cool and quiet)

1 Thank HGH
b.c.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2010

we stayed here with another couple and had a great time,the rooms were clean cosy comfortable and the beds were so soft .this hotel is such a great value for money and it includes a great breakfast and free internet.checkin was a breeze and he even offered us cold drinks and wet clothes to wash up with. we walked the block over to 5th ave and had a great dinner and drinks at a cute mexican restaurant,we wanted to go for more margaritas and ended up near our hotel at another cute place.i had booked this place for our friends and us because of the awesome reviews on trip advisor and wasn't dissapointed.thanks hacienda for a great nites stay, if we are back at playa we will stay again...

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends