“Top Notch Staff turns this Hacienda into Paradise!”

Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels
Ranked #53 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
New York, NY
“Top Notch Staff turns this Hacienda into Paradise!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Finding a hotel that allows pets can't be easy - - until I found the Hacienda Paradise!

From the moment I stopped in to inquire about their rates; to time I checked in; and to the moment we left for the airport - I have nothing but great things to say about the hotel, particularly the staff!

The location is 'muy bueno' - 10th Ave / 20th Street - close enough to the action, but far enough from the 'drama'... The hotel lobby; although not grand - can be quite deceiving - it has a pool and restaurant in the center court for guests. The lobby also had water and coffee through the day - - not offered by many hotels!

I was assigned room #30 - which is the last room on the on the 2nd floor, facing 10th Avenue. Upon entering, there is a 'hallway' that leads to the bathroom (on the right) and the bedroom straight thru. i liked the idea of this, as it kept the noise level down when you closed the door to the bedroom. The bed was nice and comfortable, and the cleaning staff kept the room spotless! The room had a balcony that looked down at the restaurant and pool - there's always a nice breeze and very quiet!

If I were to make a comment - it would be the lack of ventilation in the hallway between the room door and bedroom. The only ventilation is a small window above the toilet bowl - Keeping both doors closed, caused the hallway to be muggy and hot - - but who cares - I only walked through it when leaving/entering the room! :)

In the hotel's efforts to conserve energy, the air conditioning is controlled by a fob attached to the room key - which has a large wooden plaque. Keys are left with the front desk, which is easily retrieved, without having to identify myself - you never had to look for your keys! The hotel also encourages guests to refill their water bottles in the lobby, which minimizes the waste!

I really enjoyed stopping to chat with the staff - and yes, it wasn't just the hotel that was pet friendly - - the staff are, too! A VERY BIG PLUS IN MY BOOK! Trying to remember everyone's name (sorry for missing a few folks) - but Saul, Stefano, Jorge and everyone there made me (and my dog) feel like we were home!

All in all, an awesome stay at the Hacienda Palace - wish I had found this place sooner, and will definitely consider the hotel on my next trip to Playa del Carmen!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Hebrew first
Plano, Texas
Reviewed June 16, 2014

The staff provided excellent service. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Keys have large wooden plaques so you can leave your key with them when you go out. I never had to give them my room number. They knew right away which key to give me when I returned. One thing to note: key has magnetic pin on it that is required to run the AC. From a business standpoint, I get this. Why put the AC on lowest setting if you aren't in the room?

Room Tip: Get first floor if you can so you can walk out back door to pool area.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Paris, France
Reviewed June 12, 2014

What a service! overall the service, everyone is so nice to you, they are just looking to make your life easier so you can just enjoy your vacations, small hotel with a good size pool, the location is great, close to Quinta Avenida (one block) and overall very CLEAN. My recommendation to the hotel, pursue to always have ice available for the rooms the 24hrs.

Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: all the first floor rooms have direct access to the pool
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Took my sweetie here for his Birthday.
I can't praise them enough!
This hotel knows service. From the minute you walk in to the time you leave all you will get is kindness and professionalism. They really went the extra mile by decorating our room on my BF's Birthday. We even got flowers on the toilet seat :)
We stayed on the bottom floor in room number 1.
It was very quiet and romantic. Just steps from the pool.
If I ever return to PDC this is where I'll stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hbjanet
Tallahassee, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was the leader of a group of 12 birders/butterfly watchers spending 9 days in the Yucatan. We spent 2 nights in the Hacienda Paradise hotel. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Very nice bathroom facilities. Excellent housekeeping staff.

We ate breakfast at the hotel and recommend it highly. The service and food were excellent.

Speaking of service, the front desk staff were incredibly helpful.

We arrived in the evening and parking can be an issue. Here's a tip: there is parking available next door to the hotel in a secure lot. Yes, you pay for it (actually you pay the hotel), but it is well worth it. We left our vehicles there for two days while we explored Playa del Carmen and Cozumel.

Although we found Playa del Carmen a bit hectic (big change from 12 years ago when I visited), the Hacienda Paradise was relaxing and a good value. I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Use the parking lot on the corner lot south of the hotel. You pay for parking (via the hotel) but it...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
XperienceHotels, General Manager at Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Ambassadors,

there is nothing better than receiving such an encouraging review to motivate the team even more! Your reviews are read Dear Ambassadors,

there is nothing better than receiving such an encouraging review to motivate the team even further! Your review, are read daily in our briefing and areas of opportunity are analyzed in order to perfect our service. We are glad you appreciated our staff natural attitude in satisfying you more and more. Speaking of parking we are glad to inform you that, very soon, we will be able to provide parking vouchers that are being sold at more convenient prices than paying directly at the parking lot. We hope that this service will be furtherly appreciated by our future Ambassadors. We also invite you to follow us on Facebook and twitter for other interesting news and deals.
Thank you once again for your trust and we look forward to having you again with us in one of our Playa del Carmen Hotels
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here after having had a bad experience at another resort just out of town . The staff here are friendly and helpful and were just a delight. The hotel is in a great location and is well maintained. Breakfast is included and there is a fabulous restaurant just across the street . Being just one street back from all the activity on 5th Ave is just fantastic . The staff could not have been more helpfull arranging our transfers back to cancun airport at a very reasonable rate. Overall I highly recommend especially if like us it's your first trip to playa del Carmen

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Ipswich
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Have just returned from an 11 night stay in this truly wonderful hotel
All of the staff including the GM were friendly and very helpful
We stayed in room 21 which overlooks the pool area and was cleaned and maintained to a very high standard
Highly recommended