Finding a hotel that allows pets can't be easy - - until I found the Hacienda Paradise!
From the moment I stopped in to inquire about their rates; to time I checked in; and to the moment we left for the airport - I have nothing but great things to say about the hotel, particularly the staff!
The location is 'muy bueno' - 10th Ave / 20th Street - close enough to the action, but far enough from the 'drama'... The hotel lobby; although not grand - can be quite deceiving - it has a pool and restaurant in the center court for guests. The lobby also had water and coffee through the day - - not offered by many hotels!
I was assigned room #30 - which is the last room on the on the 2nd floor, facing 10th Avenue. Upon entering, there is a 'hallway' that leads to the bathroom (on the right) and the bedroom straight thru. i liked the idea of this, as it kept the noise level down when you closed the door to the bedroom. The bed was nice and comfortable, and the cleaning staff kept the room spotless! The room had a balcony that looked down at the restaurant and pool - there's always a nice breeze and very quiet!
If I were to make a comment - it would be the lack of ventilation in the hallway between the room door and bedroom. The only ventilation is a small window above the toilet bowl - Keeping both doors closed, caused the hallway to be muggy and hot - - but who cares - I only walked through it when leaving/entering the room! :)
In the hotel's efforts to conserve energy, the air conditioning is controlled by a fob attached to the room key - which has a large wooden plaque. Keys are left with the front desk, which is easily retrieved, without having to identify myself - you never had to look for your keys! The hotel also encourages guests to refill their water bottles in the lobby, which minimizes the waste!
I really enjoyed stopping to chat with the staff - and yes, it wasn't just the hotel that was pet friendly - - the staff are, too! A VERY BIG PLUS IN MY BOOK! Trying to remember everyone's name (sorry for missing a few folks) - but Saul, Stefano, Jorge and everyone there made me (and my dog) feel like we were home!
All in all, an awesome stay at the Hacienda Palace - wish I had found this place sooner, and will definitely consider the hotel on my next trip to Playa del Carmen!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private oasis of elegance and seduction in the heart of Playa del Carmen. This stylish hotel offers a unique and memorable holiday experience in the idyllic setting of the cosmopolitan and coastal city of Playa del Carmen.Hacienda Paradise enjoys an excellent location close to the famous 5th Avenue and its numerous shops, restaurants and bars. Located between the 10th Avenue and the famous "Quinta Avenida" (5th Avenue), pedestrian walkway only two blocks away from the Caribbean Sea, this Boutique hotel offers relax and comfort steps away from some of the most beautiful powder white sandy and turquoise crystalline water the Mayan Riviera has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel By Xperience Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Hacienda Paradise Boutique
- Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel By Xperience Hotels Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico