Reviewed November 6, 2012 NEW Stayed for 3 nights (Oct.15-18) while looking for investment property. The hotel is situated in a very convenient location (1 block to 5th Avenue-the main pedestrian and shopping area) and 2.5 blocks to the closest beach. We had arranged private transfer serivce in advance through the hotel website which we highly recommend.
The property itself is small and very well maintained with a quiet pool area located in the center. Rooms are extremely clean and well kept by the efficient and friendly room staff. We had a very quiet room (#1) at the end of the hallway facing 22nd street ( the more quiet of the 2 streets the hotel is located on). Large comfortable King sized bed, excellent A/C and fans and a marble bath with very large shower round out the room details. A musty odor persists, but remember you are in subtropical Mexico. Ony 2 small negatives with regards to the room-no A/C in the bathroom, which can make it quite warm and the TV offered no English language news channels, not even CNN International.
The true "gems" of the hotel are its's staff, Everyone we encountered was more than willing to go out of their way to assist and be helpful in anyway possible. From our first encounter with Martha at the front desk, to our daily breakfasts with Christian, it was like visiting with old friends. The hotel is very fortunate to have such an exceptional staff, especially the 2 mentioned.
Breakfast was included in our rate and we throughly enjoyed staritng our day under the palapa by the pool. Hot and cold entrees, fresh fruit, muffins, toast and cereals rounded out the menu. Excellent Mexican coffee!!!!
The hotel has reciprocal agreements with several beach clubs nearby. This allows you entrance to the club, reserved chairs and umbrella. towels are graciously provided by the hotel. We took advantage of Mosquito Beach Club and loved it!!! Make sure you do it at least one of your days in Playa.
Day trips can be arranged through the concierge near the front desk.
Not much more can be said except "Thank You" for making our stay in Playa so memorable. We will definately return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private oasis of elegance and seduction in the heart of Playa del Carmen. This stylish hotel offers a unique and memorable holiday experience in the idyllic setting of the cosmopolitan and coastal city of Playa del Carmen.Hacienda Paradise enjoys an excellent location close to the famous 5th Avenue and its numerous shops, restaurants and bars. Located between the 10th Avenue and the famous "Quinta Avenida" (5th Avenue), pedestrian walkway only two blocks away from the Caribbean Sea, this Boutique hotel offers relax and comfort steps away from some of the most beautiful powder white sandy and turquoise crystalline water the Mayan Riviera has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel By Xperience Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Hacienda Paradise Boutique
- Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel By Xperience Hotels Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico