“Peaceful atmosphere”
Review of Vida Salon and Day Lounge - CLOSED

Vida Salon and Day Lounge
More attraction details
Owner description: 'Vida Salon and Day Lounge' With every standard of professionalism in our manner and style… We want to grow the beauty of life. Through our professional opinion and scientific support in the arts of aesthetics. To become the destination salon of Playa del Carmen for Beauty Events, Weddings, and for those craving a unique experience, with our expertise in climate specific styles and make-up, and our professional knowledge in relaxation, beautification, and personal care that is mixed with our desire for fun.
Northern California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Peaceful atmosphere”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

While in Playa for 10 Days I first got a Pedicure from Adriana then went back for a Message (She's a lady of many talents!) She gave one of the best deep tissue messages I've had in years! Very professional, spunky spirit! She went over the hour and didn't charge me for it. I highly recommend her and plan to go back to her next year!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank ResaOfta

Playa Del Carmen- Mexico
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“good salon with fair prices”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

nice and clean salon right on 5th street and great service for getting your hair done. Called in for an appointment and the service was delivered on time.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Bjoern K
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Unprofessional and Ruined my hair.”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Went in for a cut and perm. Admittidely, my Spanish in some areas is poor. But after figuring out that local slang for curly is the word "Chino" we were a go. Ceci noted that my hair had a lot of split ends left over from years of dye. But both she and Gaston/Gustaf (not sure which, sorry) commented that my three years of fresh growth were healthy and beautiful. I mentioned my last perm more than a year ago (from another salon) had been great! We talked about the type and style of rollers that were used, and discussed that I wanted super "Chinos" because I knew in three weeks for my wedding they'd be perfect! Instead Ceci was going to use another type of roller, and while hesitant, I agreed because she's the professional. After all is said and done, my three years of beautiful growth is dry and brittle. My dead ends were lopped of in a manner that is less layers and more steps from a ladder (uneven and choppy). When I returned and spoke with whom I think is the salon owner Javier, we agreed that I didn't receive the service I asked for - I have ZERO curl. While he didn't have the cash in hand, he said I could return the next day for a full refund. Upon return Javier wasn't there, Ceci and Gaston/Gustaf were there, calculator in hand to nickel and dime my full refund down to half of what I paid for the service. So sad that not only is my hair no ruined three weeks before my wedding, but I also am out the full money I paid, the money I am going to have to pay someone else to treat my hair and another perm sometime down the road. Should have known when I sat down and listened to another woman complain about the service she received from Gaston/Gustaf - this place isn't worth the price nor the heartache of terrible hair on one of the most important days of my life.

6 Thank ZepGurl
VidaSalon, Propietario at Vida Salon and Day Lounge, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear client, first of all we would like to thank you for your visit to Vida Salon and for taking the time to write your experience and critic as all the customer comments are very valuable for us, we always look to provide the best possible service to all our customers and we are deeply sorry that our services didn´t were up to your expectations.

Regarding your comments on the performed services, as we do with all of our clients, our professionals talked with you regarding your hair and the service and proceed with it based on your agreement, we apologize for not delivering what you were expecting, we can assure to you that we have taken the corrective measurements to avoid this kind of situations again.

After your return we agreed on a refund on the perm service, as you may recall we did offer to you the option to re-do the service to reach your expected results and to perform a complimentary hair repair treatment but you preferred the refund and so it was done the following day. The difference on the amount refunded was due to the original paid amount included the cost of the haircut you got as far as we understood the haircut was not an issue nor was discussed so it was not refunded.

Our target is to fully satisfy all our customers and we exist thanks to highly satisfied customers, we work excessively hard ensuring that each and every guest enjoys their visit that is why we regret we could not deliver the service you were looking for. We will appreciate the opportunity to offer you with a special treatment for your hair, if you are interested please contact us at management@vidasalon.com.mx

We really wish from the bottom of our heart the best in your upcoming wedding and happiness during your stay in México.
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I got married in Playa del Carmen on June 11, 2012 and used Vida Salon for my bridal hair/makeup as well as my bridesmaids hair. Xavier and his team did an AMAZING job. Gaston and Dianna made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day and provided the best service. They are priced very reasonably for the service they provided. In addition to that they game to the resort and did my hair and makeup. I cannot say enough good things about Vida Salon. If you are looking for any salon services but specifically for a wedding you must go with Vida.

Visited June 2012
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“location, staff and astmosphere”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The location is right on 5th avenue, the staff are very freindly and I got a great hair cut. SARA, my stylist speaks Spanish and French and a little english. You get a wash a cut, style and another wash and mopre style... hahah... look for a great haircut at a fair price consideringthe service, it is where I go to get my hair cut for teh past 2 years

Visited April 2012