“The service”

kaan kab mayan cuisine
Ranked #947 of 1,333 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The service was bad, the food is normal, nothing exceptional.... and high prices.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

My husband and I are vegan and we were struggling, walking up and down 5th Ave. looking for a restaurant who could prepare a vegan dinner. When we reached Kaan Kab, they knew what we were asking for and happily prepared a lovely dinner for us.

Our only complaint was the waiter took out his tip prior to giving us change, rather than allowing us to give him a tip. Not sure if that's customary. We hadn't experienced it before in Mexico.

The food and service during dinner were great.

Standoutmexico, Director de Relaciones Públicas at kaan kab mayan cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear customer,

Thank you for choosing us, we really appreciate your comment and happy that you enjoyed your dinner with us.

About the tips, we know and our philosophy is that the tip is not mandatory, we want offer you our most deep apologize and thank you for letting us know to this not happend again.

We hope to see again,

Reviewed May 14, 2012

We had a lunch here. My wife’s mixed platter (taco, enchilada) was good, but my spicy flank steak was dry (even though I had asked for medium rare) and just plain not worth eating. The beers were cheap and the staff tried hard, but for me the worst thing I ate in Playa. With so many other options we will not eat here again.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing us and leaving us your comment, we appreciate your sincere opinion saying everything was good less your steak that didnt come how you ordered, when this happend we really appreciate if you let the waiter know to give you the best service you deserve.

We hope to see you again,

Reviewed April 18, 2012

We were just strolling down 5th and the "seller" talked us in to eating there (the menu had lots of choices and seemed to be a good match for what we were looking for). My sweet sangria was good. Kids split the pasta alfredo--nothing special, but what do you expect from alfredo. I had the empanadas (a litle overfried), and my husband had the sampler appetizer platter that was fine. Service was fine, and the table was outside and nice. So, not bad, not great. In hindsight, I would pick some place else.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Food/service/selection all excellent. Had a great meal and enjoyable to sit outside and people watch on 5th Ave.