“A tabarnacos of bad service”

Los Tabernacos Sports Bar and Lounge
Ranked #33 of 1,312 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant, bar, lounge you name it. Los Tabernacos has something that will please everyone. Sports events on giant screen along with themed nights party starting in November. Come have dinner in our friendly laid back atmosphere, the owner Daniel will make you feel right at home. Then at 10:30pm is when the party starts up until.... Los Tabernacos is the restaurant / bar that you will have you coming back for more.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Took about 1 1/2 hours just to get a drink and I will spare you how long for the food.

Service was the worst I ever seen. About 5 tables and they can not even keep up with 1 waitress the owner and some sort of manager that we don't exactly know why he is there. The worst part is that they blame the service on the cooks because they were new. I have to say that the food was good and cook usually do not serve beverages

2  Thank Chestermd
Boblepompier, Gérant at Los Tabernacos Sports Bar and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Tks to you about your comments........you took the time to write us........but you need to know something about having a bistro-lounge in others countries.........the rules and the laws are completly differents........1) that night one of our cooks(1st cook) didn't show up,and we need a second one BUT we ask our 2nd cook to call one of his friend,and then we need to show him about ours plates and meals.......so your right it was very but very slowly,and some clients and friend understand the problems,because they knew us,and they knew about the Mexican laws....WE CAN'T COOK because in the kitchen we only allowed Mexican cook,it's the rules here......2)...we tried our best to serve peoples in this circumstances,but Daniel needs some times to show at the new cook,and at that time we were full pack,(because our reputation) and we did the best as we can..........but sorry about that,and next time you visit us it wi'll be different...thk again......

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Greeted by a very friendly waitress. Owner found out we were from New York and briefly stepped away (apparently he doesn't like people from New York). He started to tell us about his brief experience in New York post 9/11 working as a substitute fireman. He didn't like New York. As a Police Officer from New York and due to the content of the conversation I took offense. Maybe I'm mistaken, it could be the language barrier (he's from Montreal) but it seems as though he prefers to serve Canadians. The food was quite good though. There are plenty of places in Playa where you are made to feel welcomed. I didn't get that here.

1  Thank BeachDLT-50
Boblepompier, Gérant at Los Tabernacos Sports Bar and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear friend of NYPD (the Finest).........I appreciate what you did,I mean taking time to wrote this comments....
But first of all,it was a barrier language,or you didn't understand exactly what I said........I told you I use to be a firefighter for the city of Montreal,during 29 beautiful years,and I was so proud of it,and I also said,after Sept 11,in NYC,I was there to helped our FDNY bros,for a short time,helping them into a firehouses,also helped family who whom deseperate by the tragedy.
I've been there so many times to ran on a rescue truck with them before my retirement from the fire dept........how can you say I don't like poeple from NYC.......I think it was a simple mistaken....On this sir,next time you come in Playa........come to see us,and it will be different,and I hope we can talk together again about NYC...........With my respect Sir...........

From Bob the Bravest..............

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We were excited to find this restaurant and bar below the hotel we were staying in. Daniel is an amazing host and proprietor. He makes the best Don Julio margs I've ever had, and I've had plenty! Great for happy hour, dinner or a late night cap. Food is delish and the sports on tv was the cherry on top. It was a daily stop for our crew of 6+ and look forward to coming back!

Thank you for your comments,we really appreciate your visit at our Bistro.We always try to please our clients and it's why they always become our friend.......So hope to see you soon and you're always welcome.........Bob (manager of LTBL).

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Los Tabernacos is a great place to hang out. Daniel is a wonderful, inviting and attentive host. You can tell he loves his business and his customers. The food looked really good but we had just come from the Food Fair, so we only had drinks: service was fast, drinks were good and not expensive, considering the bar's location.

C'était génial de rencontrer d'autres québécois et je trouver un petit coin de notre province au Mexique. Merci Daniel!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Well, I just had to try it, you know! Mexican cuisine is awesome, but for my first dinner in Playa del Carmen I had to stop at Los Tabernacos and give their poutine a shot! Definitely felt weird to be speaking French and be surrounded by Québécois, but it was a fun experience. With the RDS sports news on the big screen, I went for the Poutine de Montréal and it was quite good! So if you are looking for a little slice of "la culture québécoise," head on out to Los Tabernacos and eat a poutine! =)

1  Thank Pat5150