“One of my fav”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great food, great wine, lovely location at calle corazon. been there a few times and would definetly come back

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is an intimate, classy restaurant nestled in the trees, just off the hustle of 5th Avenue. The Roquefort Pollo was delicioso! The service was impeccable and the wine divine. Could not have imagined a better place to celebrate my birthday!

1  Thank ClaudiaL7
Reviewed November 6, 2012

great little secret place in the back of romantic Calle Corazon... excellent, excellent service... they offered me a free martini. I tried the ginger mango martini, very tasty and soft taste.
Had the fish of the day which was the grouper with some delicious mushroom sauce... and their bread is really good, i usually dont eat bread but had no choice was nice, warm, fresh
food and service excellent. the place is a little quiet tough, maybe because it's hidden in the back. they also gave me a 15% discount for my next time

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We really liked the food here. We ending up eating here twice because the food was so good!!!! I would definitely recommend the chicken dish stuffed with some kind of cheese, spinach and pine nuts in a cream sauce!!! It WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! They also had a really good wine selection. It is located in a quaint section off of 5th and is very romantic and relaxing. We sat at a table outside which was great. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a great meal. The staff here was very attentive and did an awesome job also!!!!!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I consider myself a foodie, since i enjoy from the most delicate gourmet cuisine to the delicious home made food or street tacos. All my life i've loved experiencing new flavors and enjoying food from different cultures. When i first got to playa, the first thing i noticed was all the variety of food there is to choose, from delicious italian, chinese, indian, japanese, etc, and of course different taco stands. I decided to give them all a try, from the restaurants around fifth avenue to eating out in the Colosio neighborhood (which is the more run down side of Playa) but ohh well... you got the point, i was decided to try everything.
Since i discovered Lateral it has become my favorite restaurant in town, the staff is really nice, the ambiance is wonderful since its not right on fifth, the drinks are delicious and strong and of course ALL of their food is GREAT! i seriously have tried pretty much everything on their menu, they even have the best burger i've had in town, with real mozzarella cheese and delicious caramelized onions, their pork tenderloin is also one of my favorites and of course their blue cheese salad. This is that kind of restaurant where it doesn't matter what you order because it's all going to be wonderful!
i see some people here talking about the price being a bit high, well... i believe it is totally worth it, basically you pay for what you get.