“Choppy Water, But a Great Day”

Spearfishing Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Owner description: Our 1/2 day charter is a 4 hour hunting expedition at different locations to ensure the best chances of spearing fish. The equipment consists of spear guns of all sizes and makes (AB Biller, Cressi Sub, Picasso, Sporasub), real spearfishing masks, weights and fins. Yes, you are welcome to bring your own equipment, also all hunters have a spear fishing permit and licenses included. Non-hunting passengers / snorkelers are also welcome to join the hunters adventure. Water and fruits are also included.
Winnipeg, Canada
“Choppy Water, But a Great Day”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had a great time with Javier and his team. It was out first experience spear fishing so we did not know what to expect. We were about 1/2 mile off shore in open water about 20 to 30 feet deep. You can see the bottom and we caught a few fish. Well, we speared one and the guides speared the other 4. I didn;t realize spear fishing involves free diving, so you have the opportunity to learn to dive deeper than the 6-7 feet most of us are used to in pools. That was a challenge, but a new skill I'm glad we have begun to learn. Javier provided the wet suites and weight belts and the license and spear guns. 2 in our team got sea sick in the choppy water, so hope for a calm day. Javier picked us up from our resort as he lives near Aventura and afterwards looked after us as the local restaurant deep fired and baked our fish. The most excitment was Ben got to see Javier hunt and capture a 3' barracuda.

Visited December 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice and professional”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went to Playa in the very first days of 2013.
I went fishing with Javi 3 times and had a lot of fun. We were able to catch some good fish and see many other good ones:
Cudas, Jacks, cuberas, pompanos, pargos and many others.
I didn't expect so many good spots within the Playa area, so close to the crowdy beaches. Javi is really nice and professional and boatman Marco always knows what to do while you're in the water.
Really nice experience overall.

1 Thank Aleghirox
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great mentor for beginners”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Javi has all the patience, knowledge and equipment necessary to get you through your first steps on spearfishing. This great hunting companion and friend is the way to go when searching for the best guide to the Mayan seabed. Nothing will ever taste as good as a fish that was brought by your own hands from the ocean to your table!

Visited October 2012
Martinsville, New Jersey, United States
“Arpon Spear Fishing”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

If anyone is thinking of SpearFishing in Playa Del Carmen there is no need to look further than Javier Silva with Arpon Spearfishing. We had a great day by Spearing Good Size trigger fish and eating them back at the resort. Caught a Barracuda and lost a huge Wahoo but the overall experience was exhillirating. Javier calmed any thoughts of Danger in the area and picked us up right at the resort and took us out and showed us a great time. He is very professional and I would recommend him over any other in the area due to his experience and knowledge of the area.
Thanks again Javier
Leon Ariyan
javier silva <info@spearfishingplaya.com>

Visited September 2012
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the best”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Wow, that trip was fantastic !!! I had a better spearfishing experience there compare to Baja... Lots of fish, amazing reefs, great people !!!

I brought my GF for her first Spearfishing experience ever and she was trilled... All she wanted was to got back ! Javi found us some great reefs where we could all have fun, whatever your experience..

The quality of the spearfishing in Playa really surprised me... I'm already planning my next trip.
Cheers