“Amazing Quality Food”
Review of Restaurante La Fragata Bistrot - CLOSED

Restaurante La Fragata Bistrot
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Recognized by locals and travelers from all around the world for its unique Taste,Good atmosphere and Friendly service, La Fragata is the place for those in search of a gourmet lunch or dinner with the home made touch, fresh and local ingredients and great flavor. We have recently expanded our dining room and terrace. We have room for Groups & Events ... National Geographic Traveler Magazine and one of the worlds most beloved Chefs: Jacques Pepin recommend us for our Fish Tacos, The best in Playa.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Amazing Quality Food”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

La Fragata, is now under renovation...to a larger space...which will be amazing...(no longer, have to wait for a seat :) This place serves clean healthy food...and daily specials...a choice of 2 fruit drinks, a choice of 2 appetizers, a selections of main courses to choose from, and a choice of 2 desserts...all for $80.00 pesos...(approximately $7.00 USD) Great food, great price! What more could you ask for?

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kim N

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Amazing food.”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My first visit was in Feb 2014 and then again March 2014 and April 2014. The food was exceptional, presentation excellent, wait staff great. My only complaint was the overall ambience.
I feel that it could have more character and it would make it even more appealing. I envision red and white checkered tablecloths or tablecloths of any sort, perhaps candles on tables. I must say I've never written a review ever. But once again the food was outstanding.

New York City, New York
“Delicious food, irritating fx rate”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We ordered a bunch of Mexican stuff (ceviche, fajitas, tacos, quesadilla) and everything was really delicious. Seriously. And pretty good value for money (disclaimer, we eat out in NYC so we might be a bit skewed on value for money). So 5/5 for that.

We got the bill and I didn't have enough pesos, so I asked if I could pay in USD, and they said sure. I handed over 60usd and got back change which implied usdmxn was 11 (not near 13). So I took my change and left enough pesos to get an implied tip of 20% on the bill (the idea being a roughly 20% tip is implied in the exchange rate). My other tip to the owner, don't try to rip your customers off, at best it makes you look out of touch with modern fx practices, at worst it looks like shameful opportunism.

That said, I'll go again, but I'll make sure I've got pesos. :)

Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent breakfast, coffee and fish tacos”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

And I am sure other dishes are also delicious as it was recommnded to me by more than 1 person. I was there for breakfast and enjoyed my huevos ranchero and coffee. For dinner I had the fish tacos and they did not disappoint - very tasty! Highly recommnded restaurant for food, staff and atmosphere.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Best restaurant in Playa!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

La Fragata exceeded all of my expectations. Due to its location near Fifth Avenue, I assumed the quality of food would be crap (which most restaurants on Fifth Ave are) and the prices would be very high. Not the case. Everything from the food to the service and the prices is excellent. The waiters are super friendly and willing to make any adjustments to your order that you'd like. The prices are in my opinion below anything else you'll find in the area. The food is AMAZING. The fish tacos have to be the best fish tacos I've ever eaten. I have sent multiple people to La Fragata to get the fish tacos after loving them myself and each time they have all come back and told me it lived up to my hype. Other favorites are the pasta carbonnara and the beef medallions. I have been living in Playa for a few months now and La Fragata is the 1st restaurant I take friends/family to when they visit.