59 people are viewing this hotel
Melia.com
$292
$385
Free cancellation until 08/18/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$385
travelup.com$372
Trip.com$388
13,790 results
All reviews mole family concierge kids zone kids club sunrise grill bedroom master suite olio restaurant naos buffet la esmerelda the pirate ship pool bana fusion gabi club balloon animals heated pool dinner reservations family vacation bubble bath
Selected filters
Reviewed October 4, 2017

It was the 2nd time that I travelled Mexico and this time I stayed at Paradisus Resort. The outlook of the hotel from outside doesn't give us the idea of its inside beauty. The hotel is very quiet, specially the adults area (La Perla), several restaurants with good food and have a good access to a quiet and nice beach. The staff is very friendly and helpful and on top of everything, we have the possibility to dinner (with an extra charge for the guests) in a restaurant of a chef with 8 Michelin stars (Passion by Martin Berasategui). The pool around the resort with the rooms with direct access is also amazing. I was only a little bit disappointed during the check-in i.e. the person who received us didn't offer any kind of room upgrade and then when I asked for it (after I figure out the other type of rooms available) I was surprised with the huge price asked for the different types of upgrades However at the end I enjoyed the hotel (also close to 5th avenue in Playa del Carmen), the services offered and for sure I can recommended it to a friend.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
1  Thank pjdrodrigues
QD_Paradisus, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Dear Paulo R,

Thank you for taking the time to review Paradisus.

We loved hearing you enjoyed our hotel's location, every detail of our facilities, our Luxury suites, and tasted our delightful cuisine at our a la carte and our exemplary service.

We have taken your comments seriously and you can be assured that the necessary re-training measures are being instituted to prevent recurrences in the check in process.

We hope to see you again at Paradisus if your travels bring you back to the Playa del Carmen.

La Esmerlada

Reviewed October 4, 2017

Beautiful hotel!
Excellent service!
Great Staff!
Yummy food!
Our concierge Jonathan was super especial with us.
Jose, Olio Rest's waiter was very kind
Great beach!
My children loved the Pirate theme pool
We love it all!!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
3  Thank vanessamarcano

Dear Ms. vanessamarcano,

Thank you for providing such a glowing review and rating regarding your stay at our Paradisus.

We are thrilled that your experience exceeded expectations!
We aim to please all guests during their stays with us and are very pleased you and your family have enjoyed all the benefits, services, and special amenities of our exclusive Family Concierge Area.

Our staff is proud to know about your recognition to their outstanding job. All of them are a true example of the warm service we strive to provide every day in our resort.

Best regards.

La Esmeralda

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Paradisus La esmeralda from Sept 17-24, this was our second time there and the only time I have ever returned to a hotel. I have been to Cancun/Riviera Maya 12 tines and have many hotels to compare to. The service, ambiance, food and entertainment is fantastic here. We had family concierge package and it was so worth it. Paulina was our concierge and she went above and beyond with our reservations, requests and daily check ins. My kids, 22 months and 6 years old loved the daily surprises and our 1 bedroom suite was perfect for our family. Every restaurant was great and the servers so hard working, bring money for tips, they deserve it. The beach was so clean, no rocks, no seaweed, just beautiful clear water. A huge improvement from the last time we were here. The pool was great but the water was just too warm, I wish it was a bit cooler but the kids enjoyed it. Kids zone was super fun and my daughter loved the trampoline jump! Don’t be afraid to ask for something that you need but don’t see, the workers will try to acomodate it. My kids only eat berries and the buffet didn’t have them but the manager brought them 2 big bowls of blueberries, blackberries and strawberries every morning. The hotel is very clean, safe and just overall wonderful. The gelato at the dinner buffet is some of the best I ever had and I loved the concierge lounge. Great place to get some candy, coffee and snacks. Another plus were the ammeneties in the room, they are top notch and there is almost nothing that needs to be brought from home. We will be back once again! Thank you so much to all the staff!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank mariashubina3512

Dear mariashubina3512,

We are glad that we once again met all your expectations, it is very rewarding to know that you have enjoyed every moment of your vacation at Paradisus La Esmeralda.

We appreciate your kind words directed to our devoted staff. Without any doubt all of them were a significant part of your experience with their special attention to details and their tailored service. Please be sure that your notes will be transferred to them as they deserve to know their daily effort is well appreciated by our guests.

We appreciate your loyalty to our Paradisus, we will be waiting for you to come back to Paradisus La Esmeralda the following year.

Best regards.

La Esemralda

Reviewed October 2, 2017

My family and I stayed from Sept 23th to Sept 30th - We booked a roulette option, the tour operator advised us which hotel (La Perla or Esmeralda) we got the day before we traveled. We ended up with Esmeralda. If you are an adult you are able to use both sides which was great, if you need sometime away from the kids.

GROUNDS: Well-kept and very clean. Resort is fairly spread-out between La Perla and Esmeralda (be prepared to walk).

ROOMS: Rooms were cleanly, bed was comfy (pillows a tad too soft), very good housekeeping. Mini bar always full with snacks and beverages. Room Services costs $5.00 (delivery fee), was very fast.

STAFF: Impeccable service, the staff are very friendly and attentive, some of the best service I’ve ever experienced at a hotel.

POOL: In the afternoon, we typically went to the pool at La Perla instead of Esmeralda (not a fan of kids) – both pools were pretty clean, could always find a spot and the staff at pool bar were attentive.

BEACH: Everyday staff members tried to clean the seaweed for hours on end, they tried their best but unfortunately it is the time of the year for excessive seaweed. The beach is extremely quiet, there was no music playing and no beach activities other than volleyball – while I do want to relax I expected some sort of activities based on previous experiences with other hotels.

BARS: had a good selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.

FOOD: Some of the best food I have ever had at a hotel; my favorite restaurants were: Ibana (Teppanyaki side), Mole (Mexican), Sunset Grill (great for lunch) and La Palapa (Seafood).

ENTERTAINMENT/ACTIVITES: I was disappointed with the entertainment, the nightlife I found to be extremely boring. The shows at Esmeralda were too early (between 8/8:30pm), most people were in the middle of dinner when they shows started - I understand they catered to families but there are variety of the guests at the hotel and should try to cater to this. I did like the live bands but again it was either too early or early afternoon. Music stopped playing at Gabi Club by 11 and the nightclub was basically non-existent. I also found the activities to be lacking throughout the day, they had Brazilians dancers one day at the pool. I was expecting at least on the La Perla side to have adult-catered events but not much was going on.

Special thank you to:

Guest Services:
Erika made our entire stay! Her restaurant suggestions, attention to all of the details and wiliness to help really made everything easy. Amazing!

Beach Staff:
Nemhais went above and beyond to make sure we never ran dry and always had something to eat.

Beach water sports:
We went on the catamaran and kayak - Eugene, Alexis (chicken little), Johnnie, Jose were great.

Bar Staff:
Florenica and Milka at Lobby Bar at Esmeralda
Wilfredo and Erika at South Bar at La Perla
Carlos at Gabi Bar

Illy Café:
Guadalupe, Christina and Carmen made the best cappuccinos!

Front Reception at Esmeralda:
Both ladies extremely helpful at check-in and check-out.
Rosario
Anna

OVERALL: I really enjoyed this hotel, lovely grounds, fantastic food and drinks, as well as service - if you are looking for a relaxed family vacation this hotel is for you. If you are in your 20s or single you will be bored, would recommend Cancun.

Room tip: Swim-Up room if you can afford it
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank leeciaa
QD_Paradisus, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Dear Alicia H,

Thank you for providing such a glowing review and rating regarding your stay at Paradisus La Esmerlada.

We are thrilled that your experience exceeded expectations! We aim to please all guests during their stays with us and are very pleased you found our amenities and team to be so impressive.

On behalf of all the staff members that you took the time to highlight, I thank you for entrusting Paradisus La Esmeralda with your holiday. Your fine words will work to motivate all of us to go further in our efforts to exceed the high expectations of all our valued guests.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to Paradisus Playa del Carmen in the future.

Best Regards.

La Esmeralda

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

It was pouring rain on our last day & wanted to stay inside the hotel. We were entertained after breakfast with fun Merengue lessons & a game of Jenga against the staff. The hotel's activity team, Leonor, Brandon, Isaac, Flor, Esteban and Irving were excellent & made sure we had a great time.

Date of stay: October 2017