We stayed here for eight days as a family with two boys, ages 8 and 3. We have stayed at many other nice places in Cancun and in Playa del Carmen including Royal Hideaway (no kids), The Beloved, and Fiesta Americana, but wanted to try something new. We all really loved our experience at this resort. The staff is very warm and friendly, and everything is new and very well-maintained. The food was better than expected and drinks were yummy.
My 8-year-old's favorite part of the trip was his time in the kid's club. They have lots of fun activities including Euro-bungee jumping, wall-climbing, talent show, and lots of cool crafts. They really did a great job of keeping the kids active and happy. It was a nice thing to drop the kids off there so we could go to dinner as adults.
Our 3-year-old loved the pirate pool and made friends that he could swim around with. There were plenty of slides and the pool for the kiddos was relatively shallow so the little ones were comfortable playing there. The food options made him happy and there was always something on the menu he liked.
Our room was a One Bedroom Master Suite. It was large and worked really well for a family of four. It had a large dining table which made it easy to order room service and eat in the room for breakfast or while kids are napping. We opted not to do family concierge and never felt like we were missing out on anything. We were always able to call and make reservations for restaurants and anything we asked for, we got. Housekeeping did a great job of keeping the room clean and turndown service always left us fresh towels and chocolates on the pillows.
Any negatives about this place would be very minor, and didn't really keep us from having a fabulous and relaxing family vacation. There is no ocean view from the pool or from most rooms and the mini fridge wasn't replenished everyday. Otherwise, no complaints.
We would definitely highly recommend this hotel and would love to travel here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Riviera Maya, Mexico