“Dont' Wait...Book now! Best Service, Caters to Families and most relaxing family vacation.”

Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Ranked #33 of 214 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We ( my wife, 6, and 7 year old boys) are still on vacation with two days remaining. We arrrived last Wed 11- 20 and return 11-27. Paradisus La Esmeralda service has been amizing that I couldn't wait to write a review. We have stayed at 5-star resorts such as Ritz in Grand Caymens, Lake Tahoe, and Amelia Island and the service here is hands down better. The staff is genuine and cater to your every need with a smile.

Special thanks so far to Orion our Concierge manager is unbelivable. He has made my kids day with special treats an amazing bubble baths and pool toys. He has also taken care of all of our reservations and even had some liquor of my choice delevered to my room. He is a true asset to the Paradisus team.

The Family Concierge Pool staff absolutley best in class. Jonas, Marcelino,Jermias, Gregorio and Marcos have help make our vacation the most relaxing vacation to date. They work great as a team knowing your needs before you ask. Our two boys love going to the pool because of them and have even went to the extent of saying they prefer Paradisus over Disneyworld and Disneyland.

Valarie who helps in family concierge and assist with timeshare portion of the resort has been very pleaset to speak to. I read a comment about pushy sales people which is not the case with Valarie or Linda.

Antonio at Naos remembered our drinks of choice for breakfast and has been very nice. He has taken care of our boys with coloring paper while we enjoy our breakfast. We went to Bana and Isadore took care of my sushi craving while the family enjoyed the cooking show. Two years ago I went to Cancun place which is now the Hard Rock and the food at Paradisus is much better.

We typically do not return to the same resort, but with service this great we will be making an exception. Finally, Disney should be a kids favorite place but like I said earlier our boys prefer Paradisus. So if your a family don't wait and book now with the family concierge option. Can't wait to enjoy our remaining days of vacation.

2 Thank Enoc M
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking part of your vacations to share your experience at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda.

On behalf of all the staff at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda, we want to take this opportunity to thank for believing and trusting on us. It is always a great pleasure knowing that we exceeded your expectations and that we were able to create such a unique holiday experience.

We are glad to read you enjoyed the benefits and the services of our Family Concierge area, it is heartwarming to read that you kids have been enjoyed the pool area and to know that they compare us with Disneyland. We appreciate all your kind words.

We would like to thank you for your kind compliments toward our staff. It is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal, the total satisfaction of our guests we will gladly pass on your compliments to each one of them.

Thank you again for your value review and for visiting us and we hope to have the privilege to host you once again in a near future.

Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,408)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I enjoyed my vacation at the Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda. I went there with my mother from the 8th of november to the 15th. Couple of inconvient things happened but thanks to ROSARIO our concierge and OLIVER the manager, we had an amazing week. Great service and food at the restaurant especially FERNANDO at mole restaurant. The swimup room was modern and clean, it was rvery beautiful. We will come back for sure.

1 Thank Genraymondprovost
Dear Guest,

We would like to express our gratitude for staying at our hotel and provide us the privilege to serve you.

Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests. It is always a great pleasure knowing that we were able to create such a unique holiday experience; also we are glad to read that despite the little details you had we were able to exceed your expectations.

As for the staff members you have mentioned in your review, we will make sure to pass on your kind comments to all of them, whom we are sure did everything out of love in order to make your stay unforgettable.

We look forward to pampering you once again in the near future.

Playa Del Carmen
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We visited for our honeymoon & it could not have been better.Everyone was kind,the resort was clean & the food was great!It was relaxing & they waited on us hand and foot.Omar was our favorite bartender.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your brief review from your stay at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda.

It is a pleasure for us to be part of especial moments for our guests; we are happy to learn you had beautiful and unforgettable memories of your honeymoon; also we are glad to read you enjoyed our beautiful resort, the restaurants and the service provided for our team, especially by Omar. We will surely congratulate him in your behalf.

Will be an honor to host you again, and take care of you in your next vacation.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The Family and I had a really great trip Nov 11-17. Most luxurious resort I have ever been too with impeccable service, rooms so big we lost track of Cohen at times, nice pools especially for kids, a beautiful beach and most impressively restaurants with extremely delicious food.

Gilmer was our Family Concierge and was very helpful by booking us into each and every incredible restaurant onsite and also providing our 2 kids with milk and cookies as well as activities like scavenger hunts/colouring each day.

And as far as the beach being far from the resort, if a 5 minute walk is far then I guess so ;) The wooden bridge over the mangroves to get there is one of our favorite features as we could get a break from the heat, find lizards and various birds in this lush area. The beach is great with white sand. I walked the beach about 45 minutes in each direction with one trip taking me right into Playa Del Carmen.

Pools were nice especially the Pirate ship and Family Concierge pool. In mid November we never had issue with getting a nice spot/seat anywhere on the premises.
Overall I was incredible impressed with the cleanliness of the resort, luxury and service from each person that worked there. We felt like a royal family there.

Room Tip: The one bedroom master suite allows kids to take afternoon naps and later get to bed early in one ha...
1 Thank Chris S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda.

We greatly appreciate all of your kind words and are thrilled to know that you had such a great time in our Resort.

It is an honor for us to know that you have enjoyed all the benefits, services, and special amenities of our exclusive Family Concierge Area; also we are happy to learn you enjoyed your comfortable room, the beach area and the culinary experience we offer, which is one of our most important attributes.

Once again, thank you for your comments; we look forward for your next holiday in Paradise.

Santiago de Compostela
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My wife, 2 children and I spent 5 nights at the Paradisus La Esmeralda. From the time the driver picked us up at the airport to the time we left the resort, we were happy to be here. The staff was amazing. They always greeted you as they passed by. The food was the best at all the restaurants. You pay a little more to stay here comparing to other hotels in the area however I would not have it any other way because it is worth every penny. We will be back and we plan on visiting the other Paradisus properties. The YHI SPA Experience was amazing. I would highly recommend this resort

1 Thank ElCriptonito
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda during your recent beach getaway to Mexico.

We sincerely appreciate your kind comments about our facilities, the dinning experience we offer, the amazing service provided by our staff and the Yhi Spa.

Our goal is create memorable experiences for our guest, thank you for letting us accomplish that mission during your stay.

Will be a pleasure host you here or in any other Paradisus Resort.

Denver
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I came for a short trip. Upon arrival we were greeted and shown where to check in. I had requested a king bed and was told we had two beds. I told him we really preferred a king, my daughter is only 8. He told me to come back in 20 minutes. I believe the time share gal wanted to do her spill but I told her we were a little hungry so she pointed us to the sunrise grill. (I think the time share people left me alone since i was traveling alone with a child). It was the only place open in the late afternoon. We got there and the waiter seemed a little annoyed, told me we had to hurry as they were closing very soon. We ordered a salad and vegetables with dip. Both were pretty good. Afterwards we returned to check in for our room. We were in room 2253. The location isn't great, we had a view of the hotel drive entry. Kind of disappointing, especially since the resort wasn't very busy this time of year. We decided to just stay in the room, sine it was only 4 nights. Now the room itself is very nice. It is a pretty large room with a couch, nice table and chair area. I love how they have the iPod docking station with DVD player too. Nice flat screen tv. Large closet with drawers. The mini bar was well stocked with a variety if drinks and even had some snacks. My favorite part was the bathroom. Very large with an oversized bath tub and separate shower. Very modern feel. The first night I was woken several times by noise above me, I think they were working on the room upstairs so when it started again the next night I called down to tell them they told me they would stop the noise, which they did and I never had any problems again.
We went to Naos for dinner. We had a great waiter and the food was ok. I'm not much of a buffet person, but do have to admit this buffet is better then other ai resorts I have been to. The one thing I noticed was some type of unpleasant odor in Naos, the Mediterranean restaurant and the mexican restaurant. I can't describe the smell, but it was very unpleasant.
We did not like the mexican restaurant. The med place was better. I liked sunrise grill the best, we ate lunch there every day.
The pool is the cleanest pool I have seen. Usually I get grossed out by the pools as they have trash and unknown floaties but this one was kept very clean. I was disappointed in the size of the main pool area. Luckily it wasn't a busy time if year but I wonder how it is in busy season. They have the large floaty for the kids to play on, which kept my daughter busy. The other pool area for younger kids is kind of neat with the pirate ship. My daughter played there for a short time as it is more for 6 and under.
I loved Marco at the pool bar, always happy, talkative and great server. There was another guy there I thought was excellent but I don't recall his name. But the service around the pool area is excellent. Very attentive and they will bring your drinks continuously. I actually had to tell her to stop bringing the drinks as I was starting to feel the effects. She was kind and switched me over to water.
The beach is nice, there is a large area where the water is clear and the sand is fine. It is a narrow beach area but we never had a problem getting chairs. The service on the beach is some of the best I have experienced at an ai. Lots of staff to keep the drinks flowing.
We did go to playa del Carmen one night$10.00 each way.
I would have to say the best thing about this resort is the service, (except the guy that checked me in and gave me the room in a bad location ) and the rooms. I am a vodka drinker and they had all the good ones, gray goose, Chopin, belvedere and stoli. The resort indicates they have all this entertainment but I didn't see much of anything going on through out the day, and we were at the main pool area most of the day.
At night they had shows but they don't start until 9:30 and there is nothing going on early evening. That is a little disappointing.
I would probably return to this resort again. I like going to different ones and they all have there pros and cons. But service always means a lot.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank nikkis
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share this review with us.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with your daughter.

Your comments made us even prouder of our staff, we recognize those who put everything to their day to day, we highly appreciate the love, care and dedication shown to their work; this is what makes us different and what makes possible to exceed our guests expectations.

Regarding the couple of details you mentioned they have been shared with the management as to evaluate and take the proper action.

It will be always a pleasure to welcome you back, and you can be sure that we will never cease in our efforts to constantly improve the quality of services provided.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We (my wife, 2 year old daughter n me) had a great time at the resort.

Check IN: super easy, took just 5 mins . Someone was there to take our bags in the room. All set n in the room within 10 mins of reaching the resort. Perfect!!
Rooms: we booked the one bed master suite. Excellent room, modern finishes, nice n big tub, great 2 people shower, really nice jacuzzi outside in the balcony. The king size bed could have had a harder mattress, cause that's what i like better.
Beach: one word beautiful
Pool: we just used the kids pool because of my daughter, water was perfect my daughter had a great time on the slides. She was always happy in the pool, can't ask for anything else.
Food: at the restaurants the food was excellent, my favorite was the Market (Brazilian)
Service: At the restaurants top notch. In my opinion the service can be a little better at the pool side n at the beach.

Ariel - our concierge: a big thanks to Ariel .. He was always there for us helped us get all the reservation , gave the best advice n recommendations, he was really nice to walk us to the beech n restaurants and took care of all our needs in the earliest possible time.

My only two reasons to give 4 starts are:
The water stopper of the jacuzzi in our room did not work. I called to get fixed, no response. I never called back n used the stopper from the tub instead.
The beach n pool side service had very few people therefore it was really slow.

I would recommend this place to anyone in a heartbeat.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for visiting us and recommending us to future travelers.

It is a pleasure for us to read you had a very relaxing holiday; we want to ensure that once you walk through our lobby doors, you’re able to rest and enjoy every moment of your vacation.

We are delighted to read all your compliments on the facilities, your excellent room, the food and the service. You may feel assured that we took good notes from your particular observations, in order to provide all of you unforgettable experiences.

Thank you again for your review, we look forward to welcome you back on your next beach vacation.

Paradisus Playa del Carmen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#23 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
#4 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,197 reviews

Been to Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda? Share your experiences!