A very exceptional stay from October 5 to 16.
As Club Melia members this was our second vacation at this resort. This time we were joined by 3 members of our family and everybody really enjoyed the stay (11 days for us and a week for our family).
We have nothing to complain as service was exceptional and food too. We were normally having breakfast at Hadar (buffet with great selection) or La Palapa (a la carte), both served very good cafe latte. For lunch we were either go to Market Grill for fish or tapas, La Palapa or asking Carmen our beach bar tender bring us light meals on the beach.
We went to all the a la carte restaurants and really enjoyed the meals and service. Passion was exceptional for the gourmet food as well as service. We went to Vento twice and it was the best chicken Tikka our family has ever eaten, we also went to Fuego twice and food was delicious (try the tuna Tatami style) but service the 2nd time was good at best as the restaurant was busy (same happens last year). Hana and Mole were also very good. Only dinner at Market Grill (Rodizio style) was so so, but the atmosphere was festive as there was a outdoor Mayan type of show we could enjoy at Gaby beach.
Staff at Club Melia was very friendly and helpful especially Grizelda. Our friend and server Renau at La Palapa was one of the best at the resort and he was very attentive to our every need as well as Lizbeth the hostess which was always nice with us, always affable and smiling. We are looking forward to be back and meet them again next year.
We are used to travel in nice resorts and hotels and our family also and this hotel is among the best all inclusive in the Caribbean mostly because the staff is so attentive. The fact that we speak some Spanish with the people was really appreciated as they feel we were trying to establish better relations with them. Finally don't hesitate to tip them as they really work hard and long hours to please all of us this is a way to show them our appreciation, they don't ask for it but most of them deserve this little mark of appreciation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Riviera Maya, Mexico