“Fantastic stay and a wonderful location”

Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Ranked #32 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Overall we really enjoyed our experience here. Our check-in was a little odd as I'm not sure if we were given the room upgrade as promised by Costco, but we had a swim up suite, so I thought we had. The only concern was the room that we were in with our 2 kids had 2 beds. Both were doubles. Luckily our kids are small, but my wife and I felt that we were sleeping on each other every night. The swim up was fantastic and we enjoyed it, but didn't use it was much as I would have thought. The pools were very warm and I was concerned before going as other said it was cold. We did have wonderful weather so that may have been the reason. You have to book your restaurant reservations for the week upon check-in and ours were a bit messed up. (We didn't have a reservation one night and I had to spend some time with the staff to resolve this.) This seemed really strange as most of the restaurants were empty when we were there. I understand they want to give the best service to everyone, but I can tell you that a reservation system would do this for you, and this was the biggest waste of time on my trip. My wife also has a dairy and gluten allergy, we were promised a card to tell the staff about this, but we didn't get it until a few days before we left. All of the food was fantastic, and the wait staff was incredible. We never went without a drink or some food for the week. The beach was spectacular, ocean was soooooo soooo warm. The property was very well maintained and my wife just loved the smells that were in the lobby area. They told us that the hotel is trying to get to a 5 star rating and I think they are very close. Again I would invest in a better reservation system and I think you are there. Loved the trip and had a fantastic time.

Room Tip: Pick a swim up for the kids, but make sure you get bigger beds than we had. They should be both at...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to extend you our gratitude for selecting us to celebrate your vacation, and for sharing the impressions of your recent stay.

It is a pleasure for us to read you had a fantastic stay at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda; also we are happy to learn you enjoyed our facilities, the pool area the beach area the culinary experience and to know that the service provided for our team was always focused in your total satisfaction.

You may feel assured that we took good notes from your particular observations, in order to provide all of you unforgettable experiences.

Thank you again for your value review and for visiting us and we hope to have the privilege to host you once again in a near future.

There are newer reviews for Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda

Reviewed November 4, 2013

i traveled to the paradissus with my husband and three children, ages 8, 10 ,12 for the holiday weekend. this was our 5th time going to the riviera maya area. when we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised by the staff and the resort. everything about our stay was exceptional. our room was the nicest of all the resorts we had been to. the resort was at 20% capacity, which made us feel like we were extra special. the beach was not amazing and was small, but there was a BBQ and bar set up on the beach which served incredible burgers. the restaurants were by far the best of all the resorts we've visited. very high end. the pool had a "jungle gym" blow up that kept kids busy, they felt like they were on wipe out.
i typically do all the research for my vacations on my own and book everything separately. this time however, i used TRIPGUY.COM. THE BEST THING I'VE EVER DONE! mitch helped me through the whole process. initially, when i contacted him, i thought i could still get a better deal on my own. but after extensive research, his prices were much better. he was so knowledgeable about each resort and gave me an educated recommendation. he arranged my private transportation. i made a mistake and didn't print out my voucher, so when i arrived to cancun, i didn't have it. so i emailed him and he immediately called me back and fixed everything. when we arrived in our room, he had left us a very sweet note and a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries!

Room Tip: second floor was perfect

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for selecting us as a destination for your vacation.

It is always a great pleasure knowing that we exceeded your expectations and that we were able to create such a unique holiday experience. We want to ensure that once you walk through our lobby doors, you’re able to relax and enjoy every moment of your vacation.

We are very pleased to read you enjoyed our Resort, the pool area and the dining experience we offer, our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests, thank you for letting us accomplish that goal.

We look forward for your next holiday in Paradise.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were consistently impressed with the high quality of service in Naos restaurant, where we had daily breakfast. Alejandro and Gilberto were outstanding, even remembering that only two of us drank our coffee with milk. They offered good service without infringing on our relaxation or privacy. Our week-long vacation was made even more enjoyable with the incredible member service we received from Griselda in Club Melia. It was a terrific trip and we are planning on returning next year.

Room Tip: Choose the swim-up rooms. They're fun and convenient.
1  Thank sbate2013
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with us here on TripAdvisor

We greatly appreciate all of your kind words and we are thrilled to know that you had such a terrific trip.

As for the staff members you have mentioned in your review, we will make sure to pass on your kind comments to all of them, whom we are sure did everything out of love in order to make your stay unforgettable.

We look forward to pampering you once again in the near future.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I recently stayed at the Paradisus with a corp. group of about 70 people. As their meeting planner I always seek a great hotel with courteous hotel staff, great food and ambience! All of which were met by having one of the best convention group coordinators, Alain Velazquez, who was by my side helping me out! I want to thank him and his staff/hotel for their support and assistance. In the future, I want to work side by side with him again, as I know I will be in good hands! Thank you Alain!

As for the food, their various restaurants stand out in the normal line of All Inclusive Resorts, my favorite, VENTO Rest. is a must! The are lots to do in this beautiful property, my favorite is the RED Lounge after a long day of meetings this was my hide away spot.

I'm definitely, going back with another group soon!

Room Tip: Stay at THE PERLA, all adult side of the resort and a bit more quiet...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Liz N
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda.

On behalf of all the staff at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda, we want to take this opportunity to thank for believing and trusting on us for this important group event, one of our top priorities is to provide the highest quality service always oriented in the satisfaction of our guests.

We are glad to read even you were here for a business trip; you enjoyed our facilities and the dining experience we offer. We really appreciate your compliments towards Alain Velazquez: he is a big asset of Paradisus Playa del Carmen; we will surely congratulate him in your behalf.

We look forward to welcome you once more very soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Magic and memorable!!! I stayed at the family concierge with my family and everything was perfect. A beautiful hotel, great food, excellent service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a top notch experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
2  Thank Jairo Adolfo N

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for visiting us and recommending us to future travelers.

We are delighted to read that you spent an awesome time in our property. It is always a great pleasure knowing that we exceeded your expectations and that we were able to create such a magic and memorable experience.

One of our top priorities is to provide the highest quality service; we appreciate your kind words. We hope this is the first of many more times we will have the pleasure to host you at the Riviera Maya.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

the hotel design is impressive.. the pool is nice good for kids, room service is not as good "to slow and bad food", the beach area is assigned most of all for jetskis and boats... cant be on the ocean front area..to take care of your kids! very expensive for the room service you get!

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
1  Thank chinito74

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for letting us know about your experience at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda.

Guest's feedback is imperative for our improvement as a hotel, so we certainly appreciate yours, may feel assured that we took good notes from your particular observations, in order to provide all of you unforgettable experiences and the reasons to come back.

On the other hand, we are glad to read you enjoyed the hotel design and the pool area.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future to change your first impression.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a must , the hotel is absolutely wonderful the restaraunts are out of this world very clean and tidy people every day going around to make sure it's keep like this. I didn't stay in this side I stayed in royal service adults only but walked around the hotel and Esmeralda and it was just has nice.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent but the moor you spend the better it gets
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Colin S
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time and share your experience with our future guests.

It is a pleasure for us to read that you enjoyed both properties Paradisus La Perla and Paradisus La Esmeralda, we appreciate your kind comments, we are glad to learn you had a very good impression of our Resort. Our goal is to provide the highest quality service level beyond our guest expectations, and it is a real pleasure to learn we were able to exceed your expectations.

Once again thank you and we hope to welcome you back in the future to make more travel memories.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Magic Blue Hotel
Magic Blue Hotel
#52 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#20 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hot...
#40 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
#5 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
#5 of 11 in Playa Paraiso

Been to Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda? Share your experiences!