Overall we really enjoyed our experience here. Our check-in was a little odd as I'm not sure if we were given the room upgrade as promised by Costco, but we had a swim up suite, so I thought we had. The only concern was the room that we were in with our 2 kids had 2 beds. Both were doubles. Luckily our kids are small, but my wife and I felt that we were sleeping on each other every night. The swim up was fantastic and we enjoyed it, but didn't use it was much as I would have thought. The pools were very warm and I was concerned before going as other said it was cold. We did have wonderful weather so that may have been the reason. You have to book your restaurant reservations for the week upon check-in and ours were a bit messed up. (We didn't have a reservation one night and I had to spend some time with the staff to resolve this.) This seemed really strange as most of the restaurants were empty when we were there. I understand they want to give the best service to everyone, but I can tell you that a reservation system would do this for you, and this was the biggest waste of time on my trip. My wife also has a dairy and gluten allergy, we were promised a card to tell the staff about this, but we didn't get it until a few days before we left. All of the food was fantastic, and the wait staff was incredible. We never went without a drink or some food for the week. The beach was spectacular, ocean was soooooo soooo warm. The property was very well maintained and my wife just loved the smells that were in the lobby area. They told us that the hotel is trying to get to a 5 star rating and I think they are very close. Again I would invest in a better reservation system and I think you are there. Loved the trip and had a fantastic time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Riviera Maya, Mexico