Unfortunately we just got home, and am happy to say that we were very sad to leave Paradisus La Esmeralda. Was extremely concerned before we left, being a "germ a-phoebe" and having a sensitive stomach, then after reading some reviews the day before about people getting sick from the dishes not being washed well, or having water on them, I can say without a doubt that we didn't experience that at all - at least not on this trip. Never felt that any part of the resort was dirty or not sanitized. To our family it was spotless! Everyday the rooms were made up, fridge stocked and clean sheets and towels. The morning buffet was a delight and the smoothies seemed to be endless! Lunch by the pool was magnificent! The dinners were absolutely wonderful, the variety, portions and presentation was fabulous!
From the moment you walk onto the property, you are treated like royalty! The staff is so friendly and helpful (shout out to Maya at the front desk and Ariel, Jorge, and Jaiele from Club Melia). If you are lucky enough to get Ariel as concierge you will truly have a wonderful time. He was so great with our kids, and he went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. We miss him already, thank you Ariel!
The drinks are wonderful, the food is fabulous, and the entire staff is friendly. We even left our safe open one day and the maid called the security and had them come and lock it. NOTHING was taken!!!! We even felt safe with our kids being on the property and walking around without us, which is highly unusual for me. This is such a kid friendly resort and we appreciate all the extra accommodations made for them, like the trampoline budgie jumping!
To sum it up this was the best vacation ever and we cannot wait to go back. We're already telling people that this is the best place to go, everything was fabulous! Thank you for such a wonderful time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Riviera Maya, Mexico