Our tips for La Esmerelda
On arrival (or before to save waiting after long journey) check you have the required number of beds in your room that you expect. Initially allocated a 1 bed suite for a family of 3 and after refusing to have a put up bed set up was moved to a lovely room. Appeared to be a common complaint as American guest complaining of same issue at the same time and many around the floor complained of the same issue.
Lovely good quality food, unless something was being made fresh for you, the food is not very hot.
Be aware of the Guest Services reps around the reception area, whilst they are helpful they are very pushy selling the Melia hotel chain. However the photographers by the pool selling a photo session acknowledge your polite decline and leave you to get on with your day, there is no hard sell which is better.
All a bit bonkers with sunbeds, we've seen people out by the pool before 6am reserving beds and 4.30 am for huts. If you wait until later in the morning no guarantee you'll get where you want.
Some staff lack any customer service and are rude, arrogant and ill mannered. Not what I expect. Everything seemed to be too much trouble. I agree with other cleanliness postings, I watched a member of staff pushing a full trolley drop a glass which smashed on the floor, whilst he picked up the big pieces of glass, before he called for help he kicked glass onto the grass and no attempt was made to clear the glass from the grass even after us picking up pieces and alerting a different member of staff. Not great considering the walkway is the main walkway by the children's pool and numerous people walk with bare feet.
Good weather and beautiful beach. Would I return? No I don't think I would. Having spent a comparable amount last year for 5* all inclusive in the Dominican Republic, their genuine friendly service and holiday experience gets my vote, this resort lacks friendly customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Riviera Maya, Mexico