“Wedding Bliss”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wedding Bliss”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I love this hotel and that's why we decided to get married there on 4/13/13. The property is great, super clean and the food is absolutely delicious! I would tell people to make reservations for the different restaurants before you get there, or no later than day 1 because they are getting really busy and the restaurants are packed. If you do get married there, please use Blue Lens Photography. Martina did our wedding and the pictures captured everything we didn't see. We could not have asked for a better photographer! Martina captured laughter, tears, smiles and one of the best days of our lives.

Go, stay and even if you aren't getting married, have Martina take some pictures!

1 Thank Santi0924
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

First, we would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus La Esmeralda for a very important event; it is an honor for us to be part of one of your best days of your live.

We are very glad to read that you had a wonderful stay, that you enjoyed our facilities, the dining options and the excellent service of Martina.

We only work with the best companies, in order to provide an excellent service to our guests, we are very pleased to read that they capture every special moment for you, because that will be part of all your memories.

Once again thank you very much, for let us be part of your live and will be an honor for us, host you in your first anniversary and to continue with the tradition of special moments.

Quality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,519)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We own a Melia timeshare and rotate throughout their resorts. Last month we spent a wonderful week at this resort. We had a swim up room right on the pool. There are numerous restaurants with abundant choices. The beach is not as nice as in Cancun, the water is rougher and the beach smaller. The focus of the resort is the pool area which is great. Kids have 2 pools to choose from. Lunch is at the pool and of course drinks keep flowing. For extra charges the family concierge option offers more family amenities . Worth a visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kenvet810
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for post your review about your recent experience in our Paradisus La Esmeralda.

We are pleased to read that you are part of the Meliá Club, as an owner of the membership you have access to the Family Concierge area, and we are glad to know that you enjoyed that service. Also we are glad to read that you enjoyed our dining options, definitely the quality of our restaurants it is something that we are proud.

Once again thank you very much for your preference and for share your comments about us, will be an honor to host you again in the near future.

Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our family had an amazing time! My husband and I recently took our 2 boys (ages 8 and 11) to this resort and we all had such a great time. The resort was beautiful, clean, and modern. The variety of the restaurants and quality of the food was very good too. The staff was the best! Special recognition to Obal (pool area), Bayron (pool area/AquaGym), Jonathan (pool area), Ximena (AquaGym) and Ann (afternoon dancing class). These people made our vacation so fun and relaxing too. They always had a smile on their face and were ready and willing to serve their guests at all times. We enjoyed all the daytime and night time activities as well. Overall, this resort is perfect for relaxing and having fun! We can't wait to go back!

1 Thank Maria S
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very glad to read that you had an amazing vacation, thank you very much for share your experience with our future guests.

Thank you for your recognition to our staff, Oba, Bayron, Jonathan, Ximena and Ann, will know how they impressed you and how they helped you to relax during your stay with us. All our staff is dedicate to change the experience of our guests and make them feel like home, but without worries, just for their total satisfaction, it is an honor to read that we accomplish our goal with you and your family.

It is a pleasure to read, that you enjoyed of our activities, the service provided for our team, the décor of our Hotel and the culinary experience.

We will be waiting for you on your next stay and we will be sure to repeat and surpass this experience.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed at many other resorts and this one was the best so far. I have noticed that their food is excellent and doesnt have a funny taste like other resorts. Just like your stateside.
The staff are very courteous and accomodating. The front desk manager (Oliver) was most helpful and made our stay enjoyable. I feel like we made a friend in him as opposed to just someone who is just walking through the motions.
The beach is nice and there are water activities to do. They grill out on the beach for you to enjoy your day in the sand.
The nightlife is excellent. My favorite show was the Micheal Jackson Tribute Concert. The performers are professional in what they do and it doesnt have a cheesey substandard feel.
The gym facilities are nice and clean. It is functional,but as I workout daily I would have enjoyed free weights and/or a squat rack. Other than that I thought it was great. Open floor plan with cable machines, spin bikes, treadmills, elipticals, dumbells to 14kg, a dance room to do yoga or stretch, and a friendly attendant that I talked to frequently. There is also an outdoor Tennis Court for those who wish to play a match.
I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a full service resort for kids and/or an adult only experience. My kids thoroughly enjoyed the kids club due to the incredible staff. We are coming back in the Fall and I look forward to my next visit

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank rickallman
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, please accept our gratitude for choosing Paradisus La Esmeralda Playa del Carmen for your Family vacation.

It is real honor for us, that you considered our Resort as your favorite, thank you very much. We are very glad to read that you enjoyed, our facilities, the courteous and accommodating service, the Michael Jackson show, the YHI Moves and the Kids Zone. All our staff works very hard to make our guest's experience unique.

Oliver already knows about your mentioned, he is very happy to know, that he helped you to had a wonderful experience, we are very proud to have a persons like him working with us, and we appreciate your recognition.

We will be more than pleased, to host you and your family here in your next visit and make you repeat the Paradisus Experience.

Connecticut
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Overall we liked this resort. Big but nice because offered lots of dining options and different pools. Pretty property and 1 br master suite on 3rd floor was very nice. As other reviewers have said, ocean view room is definitely NOT. Sliver of ocean at best.

All service was pleasant and helpful.

There were always staff cleaning all around resort - windows, mopping boardwalk to beach, cleaning pool chairs, landscaping, etc. Nice to see. Resort felt very clean and well tended.

Had a noise problem one night when management decided to hold loud corporate party with a band at the pool area on FAMILY side of resort. Super loud band from 8:30 - 10pm prevented young kids from sleeping until late. I get that resorts make big bucks from corporate parties, but as a guest paying over $800 a night for my room, we deserve a quiet place for our kids to sleep. Manager was no consolation. Why this band party is not on the adult side of the resort is beyond me. Heard other guests complaining that they constantly felt "kicked out" of various areas around the resort (like Gabi bar, beach at night, pool areas) due to private parties/weddings. There were lots of them. Advise you to call resort and see what groups will be here during your stay and what type of late night parties are planned.

Do want to compliment head concierge (I believe) who drove to meet us when I accidentally left my bag outside van upon departure. That was great service!

1 Thank ctmama4
Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate your review and the details you have shared. Our guest’s opinions are very important for us, because it is the only way we can learn and improved our services, to see what they expected.

We are very glad to read that you enjoyed our facilities, the dining options that we offer, that you enjoyed the pool area, your One Bed Room Master Suite and specially the service provided for our staff, than you very much for noticed and mentioned.

Be sure that we took note about the detail that commented, also we passed your observations to the Groups and Sales Department, they will be working on it.

Once again, thank you very much for taking your time, and will be a pleasure to host you again in our Paradisus La Esmeralda in the near future.

Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel had everything that my family was looking for and more! We have been to many other all inclusive properties in the Riviera Maya area, and are most pleased with this property. It is the most visually stimulating architectural design that I have ever seen. Stunning! On this 9 day trip we were looking for luxury and a fantastic time without leaving the property. Most properties I have been to, I find myself becoming bored after 5 days or so, forcing myself to purchasing a tour just to have something to do. Not the case at the Paradisus. There are well planned activities throughout day, and excellent evening entertainment. I love how the entire resort is installed with a sound system, and the music played is very good, current music. Our one bedroom master swim up suite was perfect. Previous reviews have complained about the temperature of the pool, however, I thought it was great. The food is fantastic for an all inclusive. Anyone who has complained about the food in previous reviews has obviously not been to may all inclusives. They do a great job of preparing fresh foods, free of any after taste. They only fill reservations based on the ratio of guests to waiters, which I found helpful. Special thanks to Oliver for making our stay extra special. He always went above and beyond what I ever expected. The Spa is fantastic, the beach is beautiful! Families will LOVE this resort! We are already planning our next trip. If there was anything that needs improvement, it would be room service menu and delivery time. More options please!

Room Tip: Swim up suites are well worth the money.
3 Thank SarahAllman
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time that you took to share your recent experience in our Paradisus La Esmeralda.

We feel very honored to know that you enjoyed the rooms, the activities, the dining options, the YHI Spa, the beach and we are very glad to read that you noticed the décor and design of our resort, all the details that you mentioned are part of the Paradisus philosophy, and it is very heartwarming to learn that you fell in love of every aspect.

Oliver will know about your comment, we assure you that he will be more than happy to know that he helped you ta had a special holiday.

Will be a truly pleasure host you again here at Paradise.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I with our kids 4 years and 9 months baby had a wonderful time at paradisus the first week in April.
We were booked for family concierge and I'm glad we did. It's so much worth it to have the heated pool and our own grill restaurant next to the pool. Thank you oscar and the chef for great service at the restaurant.
Service was excellent. I never had an issue with anyone. All the staff are amazing. Thank you Cynthia from the family concierge. All the girls at the family concierge are great I remember Paulina from the front desk. Mar very sweet girl.
Hotel is very clean. Cleaning all the time.
Food was more than great. Meat quality was excellent. They do repeat things at the Buffett but it was delicious. You should defiantly try the other restaurants with reservations. Our favorite was the Japanese. We all enjoyed the chef having a show and cooking right in front of us specially my 4 year old.
There is food all the time everywhere you go.
I was very nervous from the beach since I read lots of mixed reviews. But I was positively surprised. It was a nice walk to the beach everyday. I've seen nicer blue beach in other places but it sure wasn't bad. Lots of chairs and umbrellas.
Plenty of fresh towels all the time. Thanks Henry from the family concierge pool.
I have two small things that I didn't like
The rooms are very noisy. You could hear footsteps or the talking people in the hallway outside. You can't really take a nice quiet nap during the day. Unless you have earplugs. But other than that the room was fantastic. Big and open.
The other thing is different that other hotels is you don't see the sea unless you are on the beach. And some people like that when they are on a beach vacation. It didn't bother me much but it's defiantly a negative.
One last thing ,as for kids it sure was my sons dream hotel. They had candy everywhere. Cotton candy. Popcorn. Snow cones. ... Maybe only for the family concierge not sure about that.
I would recommend this hotel and will not go without family concierge upgrade.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Mrmr83
Dear Guest,

First we would like to thank you for write about your past stay with us.

It is heartwarming to learn that you and your family had a wonderful vacation, that you enjoyed the benefits of Family Concierge, our different restaurants, the beach and that you noticed the cleanliness of our facilities. As you mentioned the Family Concierge Area is the exclusive part La Esmeralda side, and it is an honor for us to read that the service provided was as you deserve.

Thank you for noticed the work of Oscar, Cinthia, Paulina and Mar, all our staff works very hard to transform the stay of our guests in a memorable moments, and we are really proud of them.

Please be sure that if you come back, your kids will have a dream holiday again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#22 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
#5 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hot...
#41 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
#4 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Barcelo Maya Tropical
Barcelo Maya Tropical
#7 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras

Been to Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda? Share your experiences!