What a great trip we had. We were very happy with the hotel! It is only 1 year old so everything is new, clean and cool looking. the decor is fantastic, on the website I thought it was computer generated images, but it does, in fact, look exactly like that. The staff is very good, most speak english, but if not, it is still easy enough to communicate. I recommend bringing 5$ bills to every meal to tip your waitress/waiter, then the next time they will know you and will bring you what you want without even asking. The quality of alcohol changes too once you tip. Plus, 15$ a day to you (if you are going to this hotel) is not a significant amount, but for them it is and they greatly appreciate it. We had a swim up suite and it was fantastic. The jacuzzi tub on the balcony was to die for. The SPA... don't even get me started, though for that price it is what you can expect. The only annoying part was the time-share tour, we declined the tour politely right away and the gentleman was a bit pushy, but all hotels in mexico do that so it's nothing new. we didnt want to waste even 1,5 hours (that they promise it is, though i highly doubt it), so it was ok. the beach was a bit rocky but if you walked a couple of feet it was fine. we have no complaints at all, everything was fantastic!!
I would like to mention the fantastic service that we have received from the following employees of the hotel:
Everardo Cortes- swim up bar where the inflatable obstacle course is
Alejandro- red lounge bar
Mireya Rangel-customer service
Tony Taboada-Vento restaurant(outstanding waiter, HIGHLY recommend)
Alba Karina- North Ave bar
Enrique Evelio Darwin at the breakfast restaurant.
We LOVED everything about the trip and will definitely return again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Riviera Maya, Mexico