Our family went to Paradisus La Esmeralda for the 2nd year in a raw. Being to other 5 star resorts and knowing what a 5 star resort is supposed to be, Paradisus La Esmeralda's beats them all. Very beautiful and contemporary resort which makes you feel like in heaven. After reading many reviews, I just want to point out some things: first of all, family concierge worth every single penny. For the first time we've been in this resort, we decided not to take family concierge. The second time we had a family concierge and were very pleased. You get a lot of extra things with family concierge, like heated pool, FC exclusive restaurants, and many little thing that add up to make you feel special (pillow aromatherapy, prefilled hot tubs with flowers, balloons, etc -- yes, these are little things, but having 2 young kids around, you would never think of filling the hot tub with the water and actually enjoy it, but your personal family concierge surprises you every day). The food is excellent. The pools are huge, clean and very beautifully lit to swim in at night time or early morning. Some things about the beach: yes, it is not the best beach in the world, but it is excellent beach if you have kids: there are never huge waves like in Cancun, it is calm, worm and not suddenly deep like in Punta Cana, so your family can always enjoy it. After reading some reviews about poor area around the resort, all I can say is that there is life outside of this resort which is what to be expected. I don't know what people expect when they go to Mexico...to be in desert???
Rooms are excellent with a lot of space and beautiful decor. Service is truly 5 stars. We will definitely be back because there are very few places that are as great for the families as Paradisus La Esmeralda.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Riviera Maya, Mexico