To give some perspective, my wife and I have been in some 20 resorts in last 10 years.
La Esmeralda is among the finest we did but be cautious of what you are looking for as far as activities. Designed for families with young kids, not necessarily for the younger adults...
Rooms: excellent, lots of space, great decor, all amenities you need, excellent room service, etc ...
Food: excellent, both at buffet and all the restaurants. If you like Sushi, the asian restaurant is a must. We were six and asked for a plate of mixed sushi, sashimi, etc... as an entree; we were truly impressed. You won't complain about the food, guaranteed.
Wine: We appreciate good wine and often buy A-la-carte bottles in resorts, no need at La Esmeralda, the wine they serve is excellent. We especially liked the Shiraz.
Decor: Both outside and inside, very well designed and pretty. Restaurants have some of the nicest decors we have seen.
Service: Great staff; definitively a strength of the resort. Tks to Perla at guest service and Javier, the pool concierge at Club Melia. We had an issue one night at the buffet, the buffet manager (a lady, sorry don't have the name), went out of her way to fix the problem, we were impressed by her customer care.
Beach: Beach is one the weakest point of the resort. Rocks in front of hotel and set up of beach is ok but not as good as what we regularly see. If you like walking on the beach, walk on either side, after 5 min, it gets really enjoyable to walk.
Note that there's no activity/boats/kayaks.... on the beach.
Pool: great pools, really clean, and here's the key feature: The pirate boat: In the main pool, there's a huge boat with slides and other elements designed for younger kids; truly great ... if you have young kids
Gabi club: the evening place where everyone gathers. The decor is unique, one of the nicest we saw.
Basically a great resort, but be cautious of activities.
The resort is great for families with young kids, the pirate boat, the game room inside, etc... but we found it weak on acitivites for young adults/adults. If you like a place with activities for the older ones and the adults, they could work on this aspect of the resort. All the rest is great. Have fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Prodigios Interactivos SA, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Riviera Maya, Mexico