“Wonderful Experience”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Seaford, New York
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I visited this hotel from 9/11/12 to 9/17/12, the place is beautiful, the restaurants were all terrific. We happened to be there at a time when it wasn't that busy and we loved that.
The staff were so accommodating I have to compliment first and foremost Griselda in the Club Melia office who was so sweet and helped us with dinner reservations and tours, she was a joy to work with, she gave us great info about the hotel and the area. I also want to compliment several employees Nazario (I'm not sure if its spelled right) he's a Doorman and Hector a Bellboy; also Rafael Velasco and Miguel. I also want the compliment Nicholas a waiter in LaFuego Restaurant he was wonderful, also all the bartenders at the Sunset Grill down by the pool and the waiters there were just great, I wish I had all their names, but they were indeed great. Loved it! This part of the hotel is family friendly catered to children, I would definitely go back as soon as my soon to be born grandchild is old enough. The Mexican people get a bad rap sometime and I have to say they opened my eyes, they were like our family by the time we left. Thank you so much for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brendel85
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear guest,

Our most important asset is our personnel, as you could experience in diverse areas from the resort: at the entrance with Nazario and Héctor, at our restaurants with Rafael and Nicolas or at the Club Meliá with Griselda. We are completely sure that their attentiveness combined with our innovative facilities and our magnificent location in front of the turquoise ocean have been crucial for us to rank the resort between the tourists´ favorite All Inclusive resorts in Playa del Carmen.

We feel satisfied to read you left the property with a wonderful overall experience and remember that your new family will be waiting for you at Paradisus.

alan.becerril@melia.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,519)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed at this place in February and there really wasn't anything of significance to complain about. Food was outstanding, pool was great for the kids. Staff were friendly and mostly available when you wanted them. Biggest complaint? No Canadian whiskey and getting the in-room bar restocked was hard, even when we dropped big tips. The food was so good that we were kind of tired of it after 5 days. It was pricey, but when you look at all the amenities for the price, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Canuck_Rawk
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your Paradisus experience, even 7 months after your stay with us.
We are pleased to read that our kids’ oriented facilities were a great place for your children, that you enjoyed our gastronomic tour and that you were pampered by our attentive staff.

It would be great for us to receive you again at our little piece of Paradise next to the Mexican Caribbean.

Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this resort for 12 days, August 29th through September 9th. Even though this is my first official review on TA, I have been travelling for 23 years and 2 to 3 times a year. I will cover the negative first!

Paradisus could be a 5 star resort with a little attention to detail. I received on a daily basis, a glass that was either visably dirty or cracked or my drink would have something in it. This happened at different areas of the resort (I.e. restaurant, bars). It would always get changed right away and the server would genuinely apologize. In our room, the rugs, glass partition and balcony glass door were dirty for the entire stay. The leather headboard had ink marks all over the left side. Even at a four star resort, quality control should always be practiced. We had to call to have the mini bar stocked at least five out of our 12 days. There were always little bugs flying over the treats in the Family Conceirge. I also noticed this at the buffet a few times. Maybe the resort shoud consider using the clear serving trays that open and close to try and avoid the bugs getting in. Did these incidents ruin our vacation....NO, but when you advertise LUXURY and 4.5 stars, these are things that should NOT be occurring. Now on to the good.

Paradisus is a BEAUTIFUL resort and the staff is FANTASTIC! Every time you ask for something it was "No problem, it's my pleasure". The staff truly is the reason our vacation was enjoyable! From the time we checked in Georgina (Gina) was at my beck and call. She is the sweetest. Gina was so helpful. When she was working, she would always ask if we were ok and if she could do anything to make our stay better. THANKS GINA for your geniune hospitality.

The food here is definitely 5 star. We tried every restaurant at least once. The food at all of them was DELICIOUS. Especially MOLE, PASSIONS and LA PALAPA, which were our favorites. The servers at all restaurants addressed you by your last name and put your napkin on your lap, opened and closed the doors for you, always greeting you with an Hola and a smile. Customer service at its BEST! Ernesto at BANA was so sweet and helpful. Offering recommendations of sake and food. I fell in love with the salmon salad he suggested. He was my server every time I ate at the sushi bar. He was always smiling and very attentive. He is a true star. Other true stars were Cabalan and Mario at LA PALAPA, Eddie and Ali at NORTH BAR, Rigoberto and Bianca at the SOUTH BAR, Luis at MOLE, Wilder, Fernando Lopez, Rafael Velasco, Antonio, Carlos, Ivan, Miguel, and the hostess Liliana at NAOS. They are all true STARS. THANKS to all of you, our vacation was a blast! I can't say THANK YOU enough.

The pools were nice with excellent service, drinks and food. The beach is rocky but the sand white and so soft and smooth and the water is beautiful. Service at the beach was great as well.

Entertainment was typical resort style. It was just ok in my opinion.

Paradisus has got it right in terms of customer service, ambiance and food. Like I said, with a little attention to detail, it can definitely be a 5 star resort.

I would recommend this resort in a heart beat even with its flaws. We had a great vacation and I hope when we return in December the areas of concern have been addressed.

Again thanks to all the staff whom helped make our decision to come back an easy one.

Adios mi amigas y amigos. THE RANSOM FAMILY.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank divatraveler512
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Ransom Family,

Thank you very much for your full review including your observations. As you may know, comments from our guests are important for us because you let us know the exact elements in which we have to work on. Please be sure that your notes will be taken under consideration.

We are pleased to read that after spending fantastic 12 days at Paradisus La Esmeralda, you were impressed by the service provided by our attentive personnel. We will inform to all of them about your recognition to their amazing job, as they were a significant part from your Paradisus overall experience.

We are happy already about your return in December and we appreciate your wide recommendation to future Paradisus guests.

Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Everything was excelent but specially the services at the restaurants specially the services of Rafael Velasco our server for breatfast and lunch I stayed for 4 days with my family and all the staff was very friendly and helpful The food is good, the buffets have all around everything and dinner at Vento was great, the bars are well equiped and good music in them and pool side.:

Room Tip: the swimup rooms is a good idea
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for highlighting the factors that you enjoyed the most during your stay at Paradisus La Esmeralda. It is clear you considered the service at our restaurants and bars as a supreme one, as well as the ambiance in general.

Please consider to stay again at Paradisus for your next family getaway.

Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed for a weekend with my wife and 3 month old, we traveled to Playa with 2 more couples with a 1 yr old, a 7 year old and another 3 month old baby.

Being a new hotel (less than a year running) i was surprised how fast they had settle and things ran smoothly, the rooms are nicely equipped, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the location is good since not far from Playa, it is build front of a not very nice neighborhood but it doesnt affect your stay in any way. The food is good, the buffets have all around everything and dinner at Vento was great, the bars are well equiped and good music in them and pool side.

a few comments:

1. My daughter got sick so i had to go out at 4.30 am and look for a pharmacy (i was driving), when i asked the reception i was told nearest pharmacy all the way into town, same thing from the bell boy, but as soon as i drove out on 10 street there was a pharmacy open only about 5 blocks away (between 86 and 88 st on 10th), they should be more aware of the surroundings specially for emergency issues.

2. When we went to dinner at Ventos it was 10 pm (open till 11), the moment the hostess took us to the table the waiter (young) looked at us and told something to her, he didnt seem to happy specially when he saw us with 3 babys and a child, at first he took the orders with an attitude and told us we had to order quickly cause they were closing soon, he loosened up once we started joking with him and at the end he was happy cause we left him a nice tip but its not a nice way to start.

3. The hotel was 16% busy and it felt all guests were cramped in one building only, so it was a bit noisy and i guess we could of had a better view, in the upside it was nice to have the hotel for ourselves.

Some compliments (and im sorry i didnt take names but the hostess at the breakfast buffet restaurant was great, she remembered us and our friends and was very helpful, the bar staff at the pool also deserve a pat on the back, very friendly and funny and the main compliment goes to the chef at pool side restaurant, our friends ran out of gerber and the chef made a chicken vegetable pure for the baby that was great, also the food pool side is very good!

Thanks for a great overall stay, will defenetly go back and recommend!!

2 Thank Ericfontaine
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear guest,

Our guests´ notes are very important for us as they help us to identify the areas in which we need to improve or pay more attention to. We have sent your comments to Vento´s manager to check the waiters’ general attitude and to our front desk manager to encourage the personnel to know the surrounding area and provide accurate information.

We appreciate your recommendation to future tourists to live the Paradisus experience and that you consider staying again with us. We are pleased to know you were surprised by the resorts´ facilities and the warm staff service.

We will be waiting for your prompt return to our private and unique piece of Paradise.

miami
Reviewed September 19, 2012

From checking in to checking out, this was the most wonderful stay I had experience in a while.
Impecable rooms, restaurants, pool, and common areas.
Excellent service, awesome staff and amazing rooms.
Incredible.
I would like to thank Mauricio and his team for everything they did for my family.
Thanks

Dear guest,

Thank you for your brief review from your stay at Paradisus La Esmeralda.

We are proud to know you left the property with a smile on your face after a fantastic experience from the beginning to the end of it.

We would appreciate if you recommend Paradisus to your friends and relatives, so they can live the Paradisus experience by their own.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is an outstanding resort with an excellent service. I travel very often but this time i went with my family. I was expecting a different service as it happens in the big resorts of this area but i was sorprised with the staff. They really make a difference, attentive, courteous and professional. We were made to feel very welcome. My children enjoy the stay as much as i did. This resort take care of children as if they were special guests. Restaurants, menus, animation, activities and staff were specially prepared for them. We were so glad with the attention given to our kids that we decide to ask for a babysitter, no extra cost, and we went to have dinner to Passion, a restaurant incredibly recommendable, an expectacular dinner.
I had a lovely stay and i have to repeat with and excellent service, i have to recommend this resort to everyone and i really don´t write many reviews.

1 Thank Hugh B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#22 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
#5 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hot...
#41 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
#4 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Barcelo Maya Tropical
Barcelo Maya Tropical
#7 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras

Been to Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda? Share your experiences!