Spent a week at La Esmeralda, a girls only trip, all eight of us!!!
One of the girls in our group had stayed at La Esmeralda 6 weeks earlier and loved it so much she came back with us!
Two sections, as mentionned by many other travelers.
Although we all were there without children, we had booked rooms in the La Esmeralda section, but did all our activities at the La Perla - adults only side. It was much more animated.
The resort wasn't full and we therefore even had the chance to dine in the Exclusive Section.
Greeting upon arrival was quick and very curteous.
We had booked an ocean VIEW room. Of course, the resort being far from the ocean, the view consisted of stepping out on the balcony and stretching our heads towards the ocean. We asked for an upgrade. Got the swim-up suite. AMAZING!!! Thanks the Jessica, the front desk manager, who was prompt to help us out with check-in.
All lot of choices that should cater to everyone's different taste buds.
Being that it opened recently, service was obviously not up to par. I am however certain that this will be addressed in due time and service will be up to the expectations of a five-star hotel.
Be aware that you might have to ask, quite often, for certain things.
Take note that because the resort is very big, most restaurants/bars feel empty and lifeless, because everyone is so spread out.
Buffet: Only ate there for breakfast. Good but must say a bit more variety in everything would be great.
POOLS & BEACH
LOVED the beach party day at the La Perla pool!!! Live DJ and bar setup for the occasion. Activities, balloons, dances...Very festive!
Food & drink service was great!
At the beach, Anna was amazing all week long!
It's my 11th trip under the mexican sun, and I can say I've never had the opportunity to swim in the ocean as much as I did on this trip! The resort is situated in a bay-like part of the ocean. Beautiful sandy beach that stretches all the way to downtown Playa del Carmen. A great fun walk for those who like to walk along the beach. When the waves were not strong, the water was amazing. Pristine, clear turquoise with white soft sand. There are a few reefs and rocks here and there, but many areas great for swimming.
VERY IMPORTANT NEGATIVE POINT: There are no bathrooms close to the beach!!! The closest one is in the restaurant section.
Our swim up suite was greatly appreciated! Spent most afternoons relaxing after a day at the beach and pool. Room service was usually prompt and always ready to cater to our needs. Never used the jacuzzi however.
Tidy and clean overall. Turn down service was unconsistant. Some nights, we came back and change of towels had been done, chocolate left on counter. That happened only twice during our week stay. The other nights, we had to call for more clean towels and toiletteries.
A great resort with a lot of potential.
The girls with children all said they'd gladly come back with the family.
If you are prone to be bitten by mosquitoes, bring some repellent!!! They are ferious and hungry at Playa del Carmen!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Riviera Maya, Mexico