I stayed at the Aventura over New Years and the first week of January. I enjoyed my stay and felt that the hotel was great for the price we paid.
The staff - They are exceptional! Whenever we had a request or needed assistance we were able to get assistance and they always followed up and wanted to make sure that our need or request was satisfied. I was very pleased with all of the staff members that I interacted with.
The rooms - When we first arrived we stayed in the small palapa, which was fun, however, they didn't have a mosquito net over the roof, which made it interesting because we had to battle with the mosquito's, however, we were only there for a couple of days before we were transferred to a regular room. The rooms were very clean, I personally didn't have any plumbing issues in the time that I was there.
The food - I was impressed with the breakfast selection that was offered. The food was great; fresh fruit, juice, eggs, and a variety of other breakfast foods depending on the day.
Location - Perfect!
Safety- I am a woman, so I always think about how safe I feel at a hotel. I felt very safe here. There was a security guard up front after 11pm in the evening and the front doors were locked.
This is not an American hotel nor is it a four or five star establishment, so make sure that your expectations are in check. It is a simple hotel that is a great place to stay if you are looking for somewhere safe, affordable and clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico