“Best Deal in Playa!”

Ranked #26 of 209 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
wisconsin
“Best Deal in Playa!”
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Just returned from Hotel Aventura and it was just as we expected based on the reviews here. I'll review by category:
Rooms: Clean, comfy and roomy enough. Drawback was the bathroom not having a wall that extended to the ceiling or door to close, but we read that here and expected that. Was no big deal. Shower had great pressure! Only negative was the pillows on the bed were small and very flat. But hey, for $105 per night, who cares!
Staff: Everyone was friendly and helpful. Louis at the front desk even gave my husband a computer cable we needed free of charge. That's service!
Food: Breakfast was included and was good. Rolls, juice and coffee. We ate at the on-site Bistro there and had a great meal at night.

All I can say is don't hesitate...this really is a great deal and close to everything (beach, shpping, food) but still very quiet and quaint. Free WI-FI which is a great deal. My husband used his laptop on the roof and still got reception. We will go back! Oh, they had $25 massages and were awesome! Just as good as a upscale spa!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alfie828

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Hebrew first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Stayed at the hotel with a 3 yrs old child for 15 days. Had an excellent time. Very cosy and nice hotel. Beautyfull garden & nice pools. Although placed centrally we had no trouble with traffic noise. Close to Av. 5 and in walking distance to the beach. Surely this is a recommendable hotel :-) With free wireless internet.But are you uncomfortable with having no door to the bathroom - then you should not stay. Only for people close enough to accept bathing and doing personal hygiene without doors...

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank thvid
Saskatoon,Saskatchewan
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Very clean rooms, the best service, great Bistro within the confines of the hotel complex, don't have to leave the complex, you can just lay around the pools or hot tub and sunbath or relax. We had no problems with language barrier with any of the staff and they are very accommodating with all of our questions. We miss the happy atmosphere between the staff members, miss the flowers and beauty of the complex. We will be back next year again, now if we could. We come home to Saskatoon Sask. to snow, some dirty snow and no leaves on the trees or flowers, so pretty bleak compared to the beauty in Playa Del Carmen. Thank you for the great holiday!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I'll start with what's great - the location is awesome. Close enough to walk to everything, but a block and a half off the main strip, so its not too noisy at night. 2 blocks from 2 beach resorts, (that cost $2-3 USD to rent a chair & towel). Now that I stayed in the heart of it all, I would never choose to stay in one of the resorts outside the main city area. The staff is great, always very friendly & accommodating, willing to do what it takes to make your stay nice. The hotel & surrounding area felt very safe. The pools are small, but nice, well maintained, and surrounded by beautiful plants, flowers and landscaping. The hotel has two different types of rooms, so I can only speak as to the ones I stayed in. The room I stayed in was very plain. Concrete walls & concrete floors, a bit institutional. The beds were nice. Bedding was always cleaned everyday. We could hear the people above us walking a bit, it was bearable though. For the price, the rooms are decent, clean, and a good deal. Just expect plain, no frills rooms, and lots of concrete. I would defintely stay here again, especially if you want to vacation on a budget.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Ulverston, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Fantastic hotel! I don´t think I have ever given anywhere a 5/5, but this place well deserves it.

I stayed here for 5 nights, on my own in-between volunteer projects in Mexico in Oct 2009.

As I was on my own I was a bit worried to begin with, but soon realised it was a safe hotel.

I was given a ground-floor room, which I don’t usually like because patio doors are very easy to get open. However, there are always plenty of staff members walking around and it really feels safe. The rooms are big, nice and clean, as are the bathrooms. The only minor complain I can think of is that the walls are rather thin, and for 2 nights I had noisy neighbours, but that is hardly the hotels fault. My patio door opened up to the pool area, it’s been very well designed boutique style hotel.

There are two small pools in the hotel, and it is surrounded by beautiful grounds that are really well maintained. The complementary breakfast is served in their restaurant/bar and was very good, they try to get you to order some eggs as well or something extra off the menu, but it’s up to you.

They have computer with internet access which you can use free of charge for 30 mins a day. It was really handy, but obviously some people abuse the free usage and spend a lot longer on there than they should.

The hotel isn’t in the main part of Playa Del Carmen, but is a good 15-20 minute walk away. This said it’s nice and quiet and very near to the strip of shops, restaurants and bars along the way to the main part of PDC. (By main part I mean the harbour where you get the ferry to Cozumel and the main ADO bus station. It’s an easy walk to a few good supermarkets and the other ADO bus station.) It is about 2 blocks away from Mamitas beach.

I’m going back to Mexico in October this year, and will definitely go back to Aventura Mexicana.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lotty79
racine, wis.
Reviewed March 9, 2010

the staff was great. I'm a 70 yr. old recent widow, this was 1st. time I traveled by myself to Mex. they were terrific to me. close to main restaurants, food was good at hotel too. Alma { masseuse} was great!! $25 for an hr. I went twice

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed March 6, 2010

My spouse, sister and her husband stayed 5 nights in early February. We found the Hotel to be exactly what we had researched on the Internet. The grounds were beautiful and the food was excellent, as well as reasonably priced. The rooms were very spacious and the towels were large and thick. The staff was courteous and accommodating. One of the rooms required brighter lighting next to the bed (for reading), and the staff immediately resolved our problem. Our only complaint was that many of the sundeck lounges were broken to the point where you could lie down but could not sit up on them because the notches were broken. We brought this to their attention and they immediately removed them; however, we were never provided with replacements. WI-FI is available throughout the grounds if you bring your own laptop. One computer is povided but was in use most of the time. The Hotel has 3 levels with outside access and no elevators. If you have any problems with steps, you'll want to request a room on the ground floor. We were within minutes of walking distance to 5th Avenue shopping, restaurants and nightlife. We did not utilize the gym or the beach, but we walked the short distance to the beach just to check it out. We were extremely happy with our stay here and would highly recommend the Aventura Mexicana. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank GizzieLou
AventuraMexicana, Ownership Group at Aventura Mexicana, responded to this review, March 8, 2010
Hi Hatlady12,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacation at the Aventura Mexicana. We just wanted to let you know we have recently purchased all new lounge chairs and they should be delivered soon! Please let me know personally when your travel plans bring you back to Playa!

Andy Mortensen