“Relaxing views”

Ranked #24 of 214 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Denver, Colorado
“Relaxing views”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Most of the staff was very helpful and willing to explain anything, however the guest services manager, Luis, did not seem to be on the same page. He never seemed very helpful, you would ask him information, and he would tell you the answer and that was it, there was no more explaining. Just seemed a little short. Other than that, experience was pretty nice.

We did not stay in the room but to sleep. The room was nice, and pretty large, bathroom was a little different that I was used to, so if you needed to use the bathroom, it was better if the other/s left the room. No doors, just open area. Also another side note, there is no elevator, just stairs, so be prepared to carry your bags up and down them.

Free breakfast was nice, I however am not a fan of warm milk, so that was a little weird to eat my bowl of cereal with. But they offered fruits and toast, and a few other things. As well as they had some juices, milk, coffee, and water to choose from. As well as you could order from them for a charge, not sure what was on the menu as we normally had the breakfast and left.

Also another side note, I was a little bummed about, they had what seemed to be a hottub, but it was cold water. So not exactly sure what it was used for, that was on the "family" side. On the "adult" side, was just a pool, however during our visit, we also dealt with a few kids using it, so not sure how that is enforced?

Room Tip: I suggest the adult side, and if you dont mind steps, the 3rd floor seems to have the better views.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I just come back few days ago from my first trip to Mexico and it was just perfect! I enjoy my arrival at the hotel where everybody was just so kind and attentional. The first sight is so important for the rest of the journey, and I just adore the way they all welcome you in this hotel. I travel a lot and I can say that this one worth it. Rooms are clean,location is perfect ( no noisy but half a block from la Quinta avenue) . I have a special thank to Nicolas who was so attentional and professional , well! I can thank the entire team in fact! Thanks again for this stay which was delightful before my coming back to work. I'll recommend it for sure and will come back as soon as possible!

• Stayed April 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

If not for the beautifully landscaped and tranquil courtyard/pool area, I'd have rated the place average. The bed (king size) was a bit short and not the best mattress. The room was rather Spartan with no decorations and poor lighting. Nonetheless, it had in room safe and air-conditioning, shower had good water pressure but soaked the bathroom floor. Food at restaurant was delicious and the atmosphere and location were top notch (though not on the beach).

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here again in Early April - 4th time over the last 5 years or so. There were six in our group, and we did the VIP plan. The price for the VIP was very reasonable, and we decided that we would also go out for dinner a few times during the week to explore other restaurants. As the week went on, we realized that we had one of the best restaurants in Playa right there, and there was no point in going elsewhere! The food was fabulous, and the drinks flowed freely. These people run their butts off and do everything with a smile - be sure to take care of them!

Everyone I dealt with was attentive and eager to make our family vacation memorable. The rooms are kept spotlessly clean, and the grounds are constantly being manicured
If you're looking for an upscale, sprawling, all-in-one, glitzy resort, the Aventura is not for you.
If you like to get out and about, explore a little, go to the beach, and have a nice clean, comfortable place to come back to where you can have a drink or snack by the pool and a delicious dinner in the evening, then this little gem is the place for you!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank abeachgirl4ever
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed at the Aventura early April 2014! It is a fantastic little oasis a midst the hubub of 5th avenue! When we were tired of the craziness is was sooooo nice to walk through the gates, linger by the pools, do some yoga, eat GREAT food and just hang out. The staff are just super and the attention to detail was awesome. Our son jumped in on the trip at the last minute and they added a bed for minimal charge.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed here for a week in March 2014 and I have never had a better vacation. Such a great hotel with such great service. You feel like you live there or are at a bed and breakfast. Love the smaller/at home feel you get staying there. The pool and grounds are relaxing and you feel nice and secluded- not like you are at a huge resort with thousands of people. Drinks and food at Mayan Bistro are the best. If you don't stay here, you must eat here. They are such amazing cooks and the food is so fresh and they make everything! I am pretty sure this is our new yearly spot of visit from Chicago. Playa del Carmen is amazing and this hotel is amazing!!! The price is right too! How could you get such a good deal for such an amazing place!! love love love it there. which I was still there!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were finishing a week of traveling around Yucatan. After many hours traveling by car we looked for a nice, affordable hotel in Playa del Carmen to have a relax last weekend in Mexico. Our $100 room was everything we were expecting, and more. There was hot water, nice pressure shower, good AC, small fridge, microwave and coffee maker, in addition our cleaning lady left a cute animal shaped out of towels every morning. The restaurants, bars and beach are close by, and I did not hear any noise during the night. This is a very convenient place for a moderate price. I will stay there again.

Stayed April 2014