Most of the staff was very helpful and willing to explain anything, however the guest services manager, Luis, did not seem to be on the same page. He never seemed very helpful, you would ask him information, and he would tell you the answer and that was it, there was no more explaining. Just seemed a little short. Other than that, experience was pretty nice.
We did not stay in the room but to sleep. The room was nice, and pretty large, bathroom was a little different that I was used to, so if you needed to use the bathroom, it was better if the other/s left the room. No doors, just open area. Also another side note, there is no elevator, just stairs, so be prepared to carry your bags up and down them.
Free breakfast was nice, I however am not a fan of warm milk, so that was a little weird to eat my bowl of cereal with. But they offered fruits and toast, and a few other things. As well as they had some juices, milk, coffee, and water to choose from. As well as you could order from them for a charge, not sure what was on the menu as we normally had the breakfast and left.
Also another side note, I was a little bummed about, they had what seemed to be a hottub, but it was cold water. So not exactly sure what it was used for, that was on the "family" side. On the "adult" side, was just a pool, however during our visit, we also dealt with a few kids using it, so not sure how that is enforced?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through our website. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico