My sister and I and our husbands just enjoyed our fourth stay (in as many years) at the fabulous Aventura Mexicana. This trip seemed better than ever, only because this is the best place to stay in Playa del Carmen and we enjoy it more every time we’re there. We’re treated like royalty, starting with the minute we make our reservation (Andrew Mortensen is the best). Unlike the very large resorts, it’s a smaller boutique hotel where you don’t get lost in the crowds. You get to know practically all the staff, especially in the Mayan Bistro Restaurant, and you’re always treated special.
When you check in, you’ll most likely be assisted by the Guest Services Manager, Luis Ortiz. Luis is so fun and personable, and he’ll do whatever he can to ensure you’re taken care of and happy with your accommodations. We had an unfortunate problem before arriving at the hotel, and Luis was able to quickly get us the assistance we needed to resolve the problem.
We stayed in delux king rooms with garden/pool view, which are located on the main floor in the adult section of the hotel. There’s also a family section, with a separate family pool. In the past, we’ve also stayed on the 2nd and 3rd floors and have never had problems with any of our rooms. There are no elevators between floors, so be sure to request a ground floor room if steps are difficult for you. I actually prefer upper floors so that I get some exercise since I tend to eat too much of the great food from the Mayan Bistro. Our rooms were spacious; and the beds and pillows were comfortable, and you’ll be provided with sufficient organic toiletries, which are replenished each day after use. The rooms were always cleaned very well each day.
The Aventura Mexicana is not located directly on the beach, however, it’s about a 2 block walk to the beach, and you have beach access from the hotel. It seems that most guests prefer going to the beach every day, so we had the adult pool practically to ourselves every day. There are 8 lounges and several tables located around the adult pool. Both the 2nd and 3rd levels also have lounges, and we used lounges on every level at different times. The pool is also located right next to the Mayan Bistro, where there are tables both outside and inside the restaurant. This made it convenient for us to walk from our lounges to the restaurant when we were ready for lunch or snacks.
We purchased the VIP All-Inclusive Plan, which we’ve done for our last 3 stays here (it wasn’t available the first time). With this plan, you can have unlimited food and drinks from the Mayan Bistro Restaurant, and this restaurant is fabulous. The VIP plan can only be purchased through the Aventura Mexicana website and its well worth it. The restaurant is relatively small, and we have gotten to know each and every person on staff whom we always look forward to seeing when we return each year. (Staff turnover is rare.) You also don’t have to be a guest of the hotel in order to eat at this restaurant. Since there are so many great things to say about the Mayan Bistro, I don’t know where to start. The Shrimp or Fish a La Plancha is extraordinary. We all agreed that the extra large shrimp tastes just like lobster! My hubby raved about the Tortilla Soup and the Cream of Celery and Gorgonzola Soup. The Mayan Salad was my favorite starter, while my sis and her hubby ate the Cesar Salad almost every day with their meals. (For more great information about this restaurant, you should visit the Trip Advisor Restaurant reviews.) A big thanks to all the Mayan Bistro staff, who have always made us feel special: Chris (manager), Dora, Candy and Sarah (breakfast and lunch servers), Gaby and Nicholas (dinner servers), and a special thanks to our favorite bartender Jorge!
A final big thanks to Rob Smearing for being our Aventura Mexicana friend and operating a fabulous hotel! We WILL see all of you again next year!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico