suited my purposes perfectly - wanted some of the amenities of an all-inclusive -- like cost control!! -- w/o the size and blandness. No issues during my stay - was in the back in a room overlooking the bistro and pool. had a GREAT massage coordinated by the front desk.
Location - The hotel is just off 5th Ave but surprisingly quiet. the staff were always helpful with trip planning etc.
Food at Mayan Bistro was good, not fantastic. Definitely worth the VIP though for at least 1 good meal a day, if not 2, and some drinks and bottled water!! I didn't get up early enough for breakfast ;)
Beach access - club "passes" offered were not on a great beach, there are others farther south with better sand/water/beach environment. Playa is not a great swimming beach at all though... Cancun proper was better for that (I also stayed 2 nights at the JW Marriott).
Very friendly fellow travelers from mostly the UK and Canada (I'm from the US). I saw some other reviews mentioning the firm beds - my bed was indeed quite firm, but better than the alternative!! i had to sleep on my side and not on my back as i usually would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through our website. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico