We stayed at Aventura Mexicana for a week at the end of May, beginning of June. It is a very cute little hotel, very well maintained in a great location. In general we prefer smaller places that aren't isolated so this fit the bill nicely. We booked after reading great reviews, originally we had booked on the adult side but my step daughter was able to join us so we had to move to the family side to fit 3. Both sides are very pretty and well maintained, I didn't see any of the adult rooms but I think we would have preferred that side as it seems the rooms we a little more private. The room we did have was right beside the pool off the sidewalk, the 'patio' basically part of the sidewalk. There were few kids so noise wasn't a factor we just felt a little exposed, we could have complained and moved but honestly it was such a minor complaint. The staff was very friendly and accomodating so I doubt it would have been an issue if we had.
The breakfast was good, continental is what it is, toast and some good pastries if you are there early but for $35 pesos they make and excellent Mayan omelet, well worth it. Beside the Mayan Bistro there is also a little sushi bar attached to the hotel, excellent sushi and a very pleasant surprise!
The location was great, in the midst of the action but apart enough not to be annoyed by it. The Kool beach club seemed a bit expensive even with the coupon, we went to Mamitas another day and got front row loungers, though not padded for $3/day which was way better. Of course that day was not the best weather, I would bet prices change depending on the weather.
5th Ave is right there offering great restaurants and tons of shopping, bars, people watching etc in each direction, fun just to stroll. The Mega is a huge grocery store a couple blocks away on Constituyentes, it has everything you would need and excellent prepared items (six station ceviche bar for example), if it had just been my husband and I we would have taken out food from here for most meals.
The only complaints I would have, though minor, are that the lighting in the room wasn't great, especially over the sink, seemed like 20w max, hard to see shaving, makeup etc. and the lack of towel racks or robe hooks. The towels come as cute little sculptures on the bed everyday but after use there is no where to put them, especially with 3 adults in one room.
I would definitely recommend this hotel. Especially to those who prefer the smaller setting close to everything but not in the middle of it all and enjoy the local feel when visiting other countries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico