My wife and I hadn't taken a vacation together in almost ten years, and she had never been to Mexico. We considered an all-inclusive resort, but didn't want to be tied down, especially when it comes to eating out. We wanted to see the area.
In Feb 2013 we spent seven nights in this wonderful little hotel. Our room was on the family side and obviously one the older ones; but was clean and comfortable.
We never rented a vehicle. We recommend walking to the nearby (just a few blocks) grocery store to stock up on groceries. Go to the mini-market around the corner to get water.
We thought the location was fantastic because we could walk to everything. We spent tons of time walking up and down 5th ave, meeting people, and eating chips & salsa (I now have a guacamole habit!).
Louis set us up on a couple of great tours. Coba and snorkling; we had a great time on both tours. The activities were impressive but the guides really made it fun and interesting.
The staff at the hotel was amazing!
The Myan Bistro was fantastic. We became like family with Nico, Gabby, Dora, Julian, Diego, and George. They were all always anxious to serve us.
Of all the places we ate on 5th avenue, none served better food than the Mayan Bistro!
Thank you Aventura Mexicana, we can't wait to return!
Todd & Jenni
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico