“Nice Stay, Friendly Staff, Only steps from the action and short walk to the BEACH!!”
Review of Aventura Mexicana

Aventura Mexicana
Ranked #26 of 209 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My very first trip to Mexico was Playa del Carmen and based on trip advisor I decided to book a week's stay at Hotel Aventura Mexicana (1/20/13). I was extremely happy with my choice of picking PDC and also selecting Hotel Aventura Mexicana. First of all, the staff could not be more pleasant. The gentlemen in the lobby, the wait staff at the Mayan Bistro, the maid service the groundskeepers....everyone was extremely friendly and helpful.
As for the hotel its a little hard to categorize as its not like any other place I've seen. Walking off the street into the wide open lobby you're greeted by someone who is always on duty as you then proceed into the open courtyard and proceed to your room. The room I stayed in was very clean and nicely kept with a flatscreen tv with several American language channel options. The rooms are very basic and utilitarian but again nice. The only negative comment I have about the room is the firmness of my bed. I'm sure a super firm bed is gold to some folks but for me I would have preferred something a bit softer but regardless the bed served its purpose. Our room was on the first floor and had a magnificant view of the palm trees, waterfall and pool in the courtyard. As for its location, it is literally steps away from everything but somehow is still quiet and calm when you're sitting in the courtyard on the many chaise loungers. I just can't say enough good things about my stay there. I will definitely go back and stay at Hotel Aventura Mexicana without hestitation.
One extra thing, while we were walking through the tourist area outside the hotel we were overwhelmed with the many different vendors offering ATV rides in the jungle, Jungle Excursions to Chichen Itza, Tullum, and other entertainment options. When I asked at the front desk what a good option would be to get to Chichen Itza I was advised they could book a trip for us and bill it to my room. For $69 per person a very nice shuttle bus picked us up in front of our hotel and we were off on an all day trip into the jungle, visting Mayan ruins, visiting a Spanish colonial town, swimming in a cenote, and having a complimentary buffet style lunch of Mexican fare at a restaurant. Our driver and tour guide were Mexican but spoke very good English and we were more than pleased with how our day went....for what we got to enjoy I thought it was very very reasonable. Again, thanks to the staff at the Hotel Aventura Mexicana for helping us set that up.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank JollyRoger713

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Hebrew first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very nice hotel!! Me and my husband just got back from 2 weeks vacation at this hotel. It´perfect for couples, the hotel and innergarden is cousy, calm, with a nice and friendly restaurant. Once you go out you´re only one block from main street with all restaurants, bars, shops and beach. Lovely attention, service minded and nice personnel. They have created a nice atmosphere, and we had many pleasant bears and meals in the restarant! Massage was lovely. Rooms are dark, but nice furniture (old style) and clean. Only one negative thing: the breakfast included, you don´get that much and need to pay separate meal. Stronlgy recommend this hotel :-) Asceneth

1 Thank Asceneht
Kansas
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had a wonderful 5 night stay here. My previous trip a few months ago was to Luna Blue but I really prefer Hotel Aventura Mexicana over it. The "Superior Garden View" king room was perfectly clean and spacious located on the first floor with a direct walk out to the pool and Mayan Bistro. I knew about the no door to the restroom issue and did not think it would be a big deal so did not call and request a room change. Turns out the lack of a restroom door really is a pretty big issue. I will not hesitate to stay here again.

4 Thank RastamanInKansas
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at the Adventura Mexicana for 12 nights in November 2012 and liked it so much we did a 5 night escape in January 2013. When we got there we found we had the wrong luggage. Antonio and Jose were amazing in helping us track down our suitcase. The room was clean and comfortable every day with a new cute little towel animal greating us on our return. The patio is calm and invites you to sit by the pool and enjoy a pleasent afternoon while Gabii makes sure your drink never runs dry. Worst part about the vacation was leaving these amazing people. Only minor complaint would be the door locks, they still issue metal keys!

Room Tip: Ground floor gives easy access, especially after sampling the local tequila.
MA-USA
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have been to this property quite a few times now. And yes, I have written positive reviews about the hotel and restaurant, Mayan Bistro.
I would have to say that the reason I continue to stay there and write positive reviews is simple. I just cant say enough about the property, staff, value and location.
My most recent visit was mid December 2012. I live in New England so I have hard many traditional Christmases. But, when I entered the lobby on this visit I could not believe the beautiful, real pine Christmas tree. The smell of pine filled the office and lobby. I actually felt at home at my Mexican home. Nice touch ! Thanks again,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Aventura for a week in November 2012. Our deluxe king was really a suite; living room with sofa, tables, TV, counter with fridge, microwave, water cooler, cupboards with dishes, bathroom, dressing area, and bedroom. No door on the bedroom, gracious archway leading in. Right around the corner from 5th avenue for shopping/nightlife. We arranged several tours through the hotel, and also used the passes to the beachfront clubs provided by the hotel. Spotlessly clean, comfortable, quiet. Everyone was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank slengler
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 21, 2013

From the minute you walk through the entrance, you notice the small things that make a big difference! Fresh paint, spotlessly clean, beautiful tropical landscape and friendly courteous staff make the stay at Hotel Aventura Mexicana a memorable occasion. The management, Rob and Chris, are on top of everything and nothing is to small for them to overlook. The staff from Luis at the front desk, to Nick, Dora, Gabby and George in the restaurant do everything they can to provide the best service in Playa. Whatever activities you like, they can be arrange with the top providers in Playa. The rooms have very comfortable King size beds available, flat panel TV's with cable and the best air conditioning in Playa. Towels are also provided for the pool and beach. I would recommend Hotel Aventura Mexicana to all my friends and anyone that whats a nice stay in Playa Del Carmen!

1 Thank T H