My very first trip to Mexico was Playa del Carmen and based on trip advisor I decided to book a week's stay at Hotel Aventura Mexicana (1/20/13). I was extremely happy with my choice of picking PDC and also selecting Hotel Aventura Mexicana. First of all, the staff could not be more pleasant. The gentlemen in the lobby, the wait staff at the Mayan Bistro, the maid service the groundskeepers....everyone was extremely friendly and helpful.
As for the hotel its a little hard to categorize as its not like any other place I've seen. Walking off the street into the wide open lobby you're greeted by someone who is always on duty as you then proceed into the open courtyard and proceed to your room. The room I stayed in was very clean and nicely kept with a flatscreen tv with several American language channel options. The rooms are very basic and utilitarian but again nice. The only negative comment I have about the room is the firmness of my bed. I'm sure a super firm bed is gold to some folks but for me I would have preferred something a bit softer but regardless the bed served its purpose. Our room was on the first floor and had a magnificant view of the palm trees, waterfall and pool in the courtyard. As for its location, it is literally steps away from everything but somehow is still quiet and calm when you're sitting in the courtyard on the many chaise loungers. I just can't say enough good things about my stay there. I will definitely go back and stay at Hotel Aventura Mexicana without hestitation.
One extra thing, while we were walking through the tourist area outside the hotel we were overwhelmed with the many different vendors offering ATV rides in the jungle, Jungle Excursions to Chichen Itza, Tullum, and other entertainment options. When I asked at the front desk what a good option would be to get to Chichen Itza I was advised they could book a trip for us and bill it to my room. For $69 per person a very nice shuttle bus picked us up in front of our hotel and we were off on an all day trip into the jungle, visting Mayan ruins, visiting a Spanish colonial town, swimming in a cenote, and having a complimentary buffet style lunch of Mexican fare at a restaurant. Our driver and tour guide were Mexican but spoke very good English and we were more than pleased with how our day went....for what we got to enjoy I thought it was very very reasonable. Again, thanks to the staff at the Hotel Aventura Mexicana for helping us set that up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico