This hotel is really nice, don't hesitate to book it. The staff is really friendly, and they have a great concierge that will help you plan your tours and book them really efficiently, without trying to sell you overpriced or unnecessary stuff, they really want to satisfy their guests. The rooms are really clean and spacious, and the pool area is nice to hang out.
CONS: We found two major cons: first is the continental breakfast. they basically give you some toasted bread, butter ad marmalade. You may also have coffee and juices, that are not more than fine. If you want anything else, such as vegetables, fruit, eggs, bacon, sausage, etc., you have to pay. Though it's not too expensive, it's mostly annoying. It feels like the only reason they even offer this breakfast is to tempt you to buy the (real) breakfasts they offer. Moreover, the second negative thing about this place is that you can't bring your own food and beverages to the pool area. Meaning, you have to buy them at the Mayan Bistro restaurant for higher prices than you would find outside (at Walmart for example).
Overall, this is a nice hotel, really close to the beach and they have agreements with some nice beach clubs (GO TO INDIGO! It's the nicest one), rooms are very clean and neat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through our website. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico