Playa del Carmen was made so much more enjoyable due to our wonderful stay at Hotel Aventura Mexicana. The staff were friendly and courteous.
The hotel is located super close to the popular 5th Ave where all the restaurants, bars, and shopping areas are. 5th Ave was literally just a few steps away from the hotel entrance.
We traveled with LivingSocial and are so happy with the accommodations they had arranged for us! After a long day out in the hot sun with high humidity, it always felt great to return to the air conditioned hotel which we called home for 4 nights.
Our room was extremely clean and spacious for two people. We upgraded to the honeymoon room (1400) located on the first floor right next to the Mayan Bistro. The noise level was at a minimum throughout our entire stay even though we were close to the restaurant/bar. Room had a full kitchen area, an enclosed bathroom, and a king size bed.
The Mayan Bistro within the hotel had great food and drinks. We unfortunately didn't buy the all inclusive package, but those who did all gave great reviews of the food and said it was a great deal. If you're up for exploring, a short walk away takes you to all the restaurants on 5th Ave. I would recommend eating at Los Tacos and hanging out at the Chocolate Cafe for great food and non-alcoholic drinks.
There were many convenient currency exchange booths throughout 5th Ave. Most looked very legitimate and exchanging dollars for pesos was not a problem. Many of the restaurants also took credit card. So it was very convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through our website. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico