“Small, Beautiful, Quiet, Friendly.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aventura Mexicana

Aventura Mexicana
Ranked #23 of 212 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
New York, New York, United States
“Small, Beautiful, Quiet, Friendly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I went to this hotel as part of a Living Social package, and I brought along a friend of mine. When we learned the hotel wasn't your typical "Resort," he became very skeptical of the "deal" I'd found. Boy did Hotel Aventura change his mind! Don't get me wrong. You're not in for some insanely fancy 5-star resort, but who needs that, anyway? The hotel is situated a few streets from the beach, but has connections with beach-front hotels to offer lounge areas. An extremely friendly staff, many supported tours, nice rooms, and a beautifully decorated hotel grounds make this place a gem. Also, the hotel sits one street off of the main tourist street. Food, drinks, stores, and tour guides are all right there. Great time! Definitely would recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: Pretty sure that all the rooms are great. I was on the second floor facing the inner common grounds...
1 Thank Blakely F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed here with my wife for a Living Social vacation and overall we enjoyed the hotel. It's in a great location, minutes from shopping and the beach, the restaurant is top-notch and the staff were friendly and professional. The hotel has a quirky, meandering layout with tons of personality. I wish the pool had been a little more conducive to swimming and the rooms could use more privacy (our curtains barely closed) but I would recommend this as a place to stay to any friend who is visiting Playa.

1 Thank bradmack
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

This hotel is a little hidden jewel! I purchased a living social playa del Carmen deal and I was pleasantly surprised. The staff is amazing and is so accommodating. Antonio went above and beyond the call to help me have a wonderful experience. If you get a chance get a massage or reflexology from Lupita. She is amazing! I am looking forward to a future stay. Can't wait!
Oh did I mention that it is walking distance from the beach and the main strip. Great times!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Devinna G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in August. The hotel is located right next to 5th avenue but is much more quiet than the other places on 5th seemed to be. The staff were very helpful with everything and we had an amazing stay. The facilities were clean and the grounds were very nice. The hotel is not located on a beach but is very close and we never felt like we wanted to be closer. I would definitely suggest staying here to anyone!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Jcamp21
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had a blast on my trip with Living Social and the hotel was nice and everyone was very accomodating. I would definitely reccommend to others. It was in a convenient location and easy access to the beach. It is a small hotel which wasn't a bad thing because it was easy to get used to everything. The rooms were nice enough, takes some getting used to considering there were no doors, but it wasn't a problem. The staff were nice enough and let me charge my camera on their computer in the office. When we first got there the air conditioner wasn't working but they fixed it within 20 minutes so no big deal. Overall I enjoyed myself and would definitely go back

Room Tip: If possible try to get a room on the first floor, walking up the stairs is a work out!!
1 Thank M S
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My sister and I stayed for 7 days. The staff were friendly, extremely courteous and willing to help in every way they could. The price is quite affordable for the location it's in. We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly! The hotel is off the main road so the noise level is at a minimum. We took the bus from the airport to the bus depot in Playa and walked to the hotel. There are cabs in the bus depot area if you don't feel like walking and it's about a 5 minute cab ride. Unfortunately our room was near the AC unit outside, so we could hear it quite loudly through the wall. Therefore my sleep was not as perfect as I would have liked. A negative I had with the hotel was Wi-Fi was not available in the rooms, so you either had to go out to the lobby or sitting area, or the hotel restaurant. The food at the Mayan Cage was delicious, I encourage one to try it if they do not feel like going out. On my next trip back to Mexico, I plan on staying at Aventura.

Room Tip: Take the ADO bus from the Cancun airport for $11, to Playa, when you get there the hotel is a 15 min...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Zug
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was there just for 2 days and I booked a VIP all inclusive but from the first time at the check-in the person who was there, she was to cold and even she dont say any " Welcome " then I was asking for the VIP service and she refuse to give to me becuse of my booking , so I dont say any word but after when I come back to the hotel a other person there confirm that she did a mistake but she never say : Sorry for that even I paid a lot money.
Also my room was to bad, and also what is the all inlclusive VIP service for these money I paid ? I can be in the Palace Riu Riviera Maya all inclusive for less of these money. But anyway, comebak to the " ALL INCLUSIVE VIP ", so, The food is so good, the people in the restaurant is so good and nice but after 11pm not more drinks ( that is all inclusive ? ), Also if you are in the pool you never get a drink till you ask , sorry for that but that is not all inclusive hotel even they ask you for a lot money....!

Also if you dont book a VIP all inclusive , they ofert at the reception for 69USD ( that is a lot even you drink inthe 5th ave in Playa del Carmen ).

Sorry for that but, but service at the recpetion that the lady there feel the owner and even she dont say any welcome word, rooms to bad, etc I will never back and I will never recoment these hotel. If you want a good all inclusive hotel VIP go to the Palace Riviera Maya Riu, that is a good place for less money.

Room are to bad, clean is so good, serviceis the restaurant is so good, also the chef is so nice person and profesional but never go to the reception.

I hope that in the future they will changed and people in the reception will be more friendly, nice, gentile, kind, helpful, pleasant and more attention even you are the manager of these place becuse the other people working there are so more profesional that the managers people.

Room Tip: The best is you want to be there, go in the adults area also try to ge close by the restaurant and t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank mex2012
rsmearing, General Manager at Aventura Mexicana, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear mex2012,

I am sorry to hear of your check-in experience with us. I have spoken with my team regarding your comments and after speaking with you further it appears that we could have handled this situation in a better manner. Typically we require a minimum of a 3 night stay to add the VIP All Inclusive which is why the clerk checking you in assumed it was not part of your reservation. When the reservation manager reviewed the details he was able to confirm that you had indeed added it. We should have been more sympathetic and apologetic once we found this error and I apologize that we left you not feeling so welcomed to our hotel.

I am not familiar with the details of other hotel All Inclusive pricing but I am very confident that for our cooked to order gourmet food and premium beverages $37 USD plus tax per person per day is a great value. Our Mayan Bistro has received the 2012 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and as you stated our “food is so good” and our service is “so good.” I am however sorry that you were disappointed in the fact that we do not run a 24 hour restaurant. Our restaurant kitchen is open from 7am – 10pm and our bar is open from 11am – 11pm.

All in all I am a little confused by some of the comments and not sure I understand all of them but I hope that future travelers reading this review take into consideration the hundreds of positive reviews that have been posted regarding our service and value.

Rob