2,079 results
All reviewsmayan bistrokool beach clubluis ortizboutique hotelcontinental breakfastgreat boutiqueadult poolfamily poolhoneymoon suitesmall hotelshort walk to the beachfifth avenuebeach towelsall inclusive optiontwo blocksthe hotel managerrestaurant staff
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel is cozy, immaculately clean, has lovely gardens, sweet swimming pools and a restaurant that is nothing short of AMAZING. Staff are friendly and helpful and you can feel the care that goes into this hotel. I highly recommend it, it is conveniently located to go everywhere in Playa and surrounding areas. It's just perfect!!!!

Room Tip: Mine was ground floor and quiet and comfy!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank HughesMstarDeborah
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The staff here was incredibly friendly yet professional. Everyone works very hard to ensure the satisfaction of their guests. Rooms were nice and maid service did a great job. The air conditioner was AMAZING. My favorite part of the hotel was the restaurant, the Mayan Bistro. They served absolutely delicious, gourmet-style Mexican food. And the wait-staff made the dining experience very enjoyable. This hotel exceeded expectations; their service was outstanding and I would definitely come back again!

Room Tip: First floor to eliminate hot rooms at night
4  Thank greg555560811
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Rooms are super clean and nice. Just a couple of blocks from the beach, and right next to the main shopping strip. Be sure to get the VIP All Inclusive plan, because the Mayan Bistro is a great little place to get breakfast and lunch.

4  Thank Randolph P
Reviewed July 1, 2012

For the location, service, and what you get for your money, I don't think you can beat this place! I have stayed elsewhere in Playa and with the club noise/music it was hard to sleep. Here we slept so well, especially with the comfortable bed and AC! We loved that we could park our rental car right in front of the place...right next to the door. The free beach towels, beach chairs, pools, and tickets to the Kool beach club down the street are awesome! And the breakfast was delicious...although be warned that the breakfast isn't as fabulous as other Playa hotels. It's bread and coffee/tea/juice, and then if you want a delicious Mexican breakfast involving eggs, bacon, etc. you have to actually buy it. That being said, the prices are reasonable and there are great options...we particularly loved the breakfast burrito. My only other small complaint is that it would be even better if the hotel had wireless in the room, but they do have it at the breakfast place and in the courtyard/lobby...so it's there if you do need it, despite being a little inconvenient. The price is really so reasonable for what you get, it's worth not having a full breakfast or internet in your room. To have this location off of Fifth Avenue, near the beach, with pool and beach club access, and to not have the loud noise of the clubs, you really can't beat this cute little hotel!

Room Tip: We were by the bistro, which was a drag to drag our bags over the river and through the woods to get to our room, but was super convenient to internet and breakfast. It was quiet and nice there, tucked back behind the second pool.
3  Thank sonhomeu
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stayed here at the end of my small group tour, for three nights and found it to be the most helpful and friendly hotel I've had the pleasure to stay in.

The location is great and the free beach towels, beach chairs and two pools, are a bonus. We were given helpful information on excursions and everything was quickly and efficiently booked at reception. Even though I know the area well, I found their information to be spot on and a great update for me.

On the way to the beach try the huge Michelladas for a refreshing local twist to beer.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends