“We enjoyed our stay and were happy with this find!”
Review of Aventura Mexicana

Aventura Mexicana
Ranked #26 of 215 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed July 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Aventura Mexicana for 5 nights in March 2011. What a terrific location! It is only about 1/2 block from the main shopping and about 2 blocks from the beach. The staff was very friendly and helpful and recommended a dive shop for us. Access to the Kool beach club was a plus. It was quiet in our room and very clean and housekeeping gave me extra towels when I requested them. The continental breakfast was adequate and you could get a larger breakfast for very little extra. We got WiFi in our room because we were close to the restaurant which was nice. There were very few negatives...1) you had to use the key to lock yourself INTO the room and you only have one key, 2) needs better lighting in the room, 3) I would love a more private bathroom. These negatives were minor and easily were easily outweighed by all the positives and we would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rnzwsizrs1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,900)

Reviewed July 9, 2011

This hotel was perfect. Cute, pool side views, clean, great price, great staff, great restaurant and only a block for 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach. The hotel has a pool and large rooms. At night the lights around the pool and the hotel look beautiful. There is parking available.
Hint - leave the key at reception when you go out, I lost mine and it cost me $60 to replace.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the pool
2  Thank jennykyna
Reviewed July 8, 2011

The staff here are great, it is in a good location ,however the hotel for us was dissapointing
We stayed here for 6 nites and in the first 2 days considered leaving
Firstly we were overcharged at check inn, which was sorted. We were in a room which was next to the street and was noisey and i mean next to the street only metres ,when we first checked in, i discovered that the window did not lock and some one could have easily climbed in from the sreet.This was fixed. Water pressure was poor and only just warm on some days.The restaurant was closed for the first 2 days which resulted in breakfast in the foyer which was terrible.The internet is only in lobby and restaurant
.I mean i can only go on our experiance at the time, at would not stay here again.

1  Thank beakyfish
AventuraMexicanaGS, Manager at Aventura Mexicana, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2011

Dear Guest,

Hello my name is Dominic Scoles, I am the general manager here at Hotel Aventura Mexicana. I recently reviewed your comments on Trip Advisor and wanted to reach out to you directly. First I want to thank you for posting your comments, all of us here at Aventura Mexicana welcome all guest feedback, as we recognize the hospitality industry is a challenging industry and without feedback such as yours we are sometimes flying blind. Constructive criticism such as yours allows us to learn from our mistakes and sharpen our response time.

Though you had some challenges with your stay I am happy to hear that most were fixed promptly. As for the water pressure, that is definitely unacceptable and I have spoken with my chief engineer on investigating that problem. We were repairing the palapa (roof) of our restaurant and due to some weather delays the work lasted a few days longer than expected, I greatly apologize for this inconvenience as we worked to update and improve our restaurant facility, it is always a tough decision on when and how to undertake renovations like this.

Again I apologize for the challenges you faced while staying with us, I can only hope that you had enough time to enjoy one of our massages or spend sometime at our partner beach club. We understand that you have many choices in where you stay and appreciate your business, if there is anything I can do for you in the future please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed July 6, 2011

My husband and I love it here and plan to return. Check-in was prompt and we were shown to our room quickly, which was up a few flights of stairs outside. If you have bad knees or hate stairs, I would ask for a room in the courtyard. We loved our room and the stairs were fine for us.
The room itself was basic, but for the price it was a fantastic deal. We had a Deluxe King room. There was organic products in the room which was a very nice touch. The room was equipped to the max. with a mini fridge, microwave, flat screen tv and large bottled water dispenser. There is ample closet space. The only thing needs to be mentioned it the bathroom doesn't have a door, but it is around a corner...so if you are not that comfortable with the person you are traveling with this might be a problem. For us, this was no big deal.
We opted for the VIP plan which ended up being the most unbelievable deal ever. It was affordable enough that you didnt feel tied to the hotel, restaurant or bar. Everything was included food wise, except the Specials, but the food was amazing. We ate at the restaurant most meals because the food was that good. They even served us at the pool.
The pools were an nice change from the Kool beach club, which free passes for lounge chairs were given at the reception. Also at the reception was a Skype phone which they allowed us free 3 minute phone calls to the USA. There were also a library of books you could read and return.
Now finally for THE MOST IMPORTANT PART. The people there were amazing and we absoloutely love them. Aldo the bartender was the coolest ever. We were sitting @ the bar one night talking about different types of beer and Aldo went down the street and bought us a specialty beer that he thought we should try. The service was amazing...

3  Thank Ryannroxx
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We stayed here just one night on our way down the coast. Beautiful grounds and good beds. Decore was mexican and more than what I expected for the price. Pleasant staff. Rolls and coffee in the morning. Ask to stay in main courtyard. We were just steps to the main pedestrian avenida 5 with shops and restaurants galore. No noise heard other than a rain storm! Free parking.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank worldxperiance
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed in AM the week of 6/6/11. It was a great experience. This hacienda-style hotel was very comfortable (foam toppers on beds) and specious. We had a room facing the main pool. The room and the grounds were clean and well maintained. This however is not a resort, so do not expect resort type of amenities. The restaurant in the hotel had pretty good food but it tended to be a little pricy for lunch and dinner. Breakfast however, was a great value. You get coffee, tea, juices, toast, and Mexican sweet rolls for free and then you can add an egg dish for about $3.5-4US. Well worth the price. Only cons I would say were the lighting in our room was limited (our only window/door was the slider into the room and the lights were pretty dim) and there was no bathroom fan. Other than that, everything was as we expected. The front desk staff were super nice and helpful. Overall this hotel is a great value and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Great low key-vacation spot
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AbroadDreams
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed here with my sister in May 2011, who had never been to Mexico. I found this hotel on trip advisor and stopped by to check in out while in PDC in February 2011 with my spouse. It seemed perfect. They were kind enough to show us a room. I am not sure how old the place is but it feels very new. It is totally respectably clean, neat and modern. Our room had 2 queen beds, a small refrigerator, hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, TV, nice towels, phone, clock radio and large bathroom with nice shower. There is internet access in the lobby but since we were on the first floor, we also got it in our room. The staff were FANTASTIC. The front desk helped me with my spanish. The breakfast staff in the restaurant were also very nice. Always acting like they were happy to serve you. The hotel has many nice statues, 2 pools. They can also arrange trips for you. We were surprised to get daily vouchers for use of the "Kool Club" beach area. This was nice but you cannot bring any other beverages (including water). You have to purchase everything from them. That being said, we had several drinks and ate lunch there several times and it only cost around $20.00 usd. The Kool Club has a very nice pool. Eventhough the Aventura Mexicana is not right on the beach, it is totally within walking distance and the area is very quiet. It is only 1/2 block from 5th avenue. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. If I wanted to find anything that wasn't good, I would say that the white tile floor in our room had some large gray stains. Looked like the tile needed to be cleaned with muriatic acid. It was not surface dirt, rather something deeper. If you stay here, you will be happy. I have stayed at many hotels in PDC and this is one of the best for a moderate price. You can find cheaper but you get what you pay for and of course, you can get many places more expensive but my question is "why"? Every person who stays in PDC gets to walk the same streets, hang on the same beaches. Don't pay a high price for nothing. Enjoy yourself.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family