I stayed here with my sister in May 2011, who had never been to Mexico. I found this hotel on trip advisor and stopped by to check in out while in PDC in February 2011 with my spouse. It seemed perfect. They were kind enough to show us a room. I am not sure how old the place is but it feels very new. It is totally respectably clean, neat and modern. Our room had 2 queen beds, a small refrigerator, hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, TV, nice towels, phone, clock radio and large bathroom with nice shower. There is internet access in the lobby but since we were on the first floor, we also got it in our room. The staff were FANTASTIC. The front desk helped me with my spanish. The breakfast staff in the restaurant were also very nice. Always acting like they were happy to serve you. The hotel has many nice statues, 2 pools. They can also arrange trips for you. We were surprised to get daily vouchers for use of the "Kool Club" beach area. This was nice but you cannot bring any other beverages (including water). You have to purchase everything from them. That being said, we had several drinks and ate lunch there several times and it only cost around $20.00 usd. The Kool Club has a very nice pool. Eventhough the Aventura Mexicana is not right on the beach, it is totally within walking distance and the area is very quiet. It is only 1/2 block from 5th avenue. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. If I wanted to find anything that wasn't good, I would say that the white tile floor in our room had some large gray stains. Looked like the tile needed to be cleaned with muriatic acid. It was not surface dirt, rather something deeper. If you stay here, you will be happy. I have stayed at many hotels in PDC and this is one of the best for a moderate price. You can find cheaper but you get what you pay for and of course, you can get many places more expensive but my question is "why"? Every person who stays in PDC gets to walk the same streets, hang on the same beaches. Don't pay a high price for nothing. Enjoy yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through our website. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico