My husband and I just returned from the Riu Palace, Oct. 9 - 16. It was absolutely everything we hoped for and more. We have been to a few all inclusive resorts in Jamaica and Cozumel and the Riu Palace outshines those by miles! I cannot stress enough how clean and beautiful this resort is....amazing!!!!! The waitstaff is incredible....the food was awesome. FYI - When going to Sir Edwards or the steakhouse, if you like larger portions, you can order a double order....(my husband loved the lamb chops and steak, so he ordered a larger portion). Make sure you request premium liquor whn you order drinks. The lobby bar makes a mean Absolut dirty martini...yum....Also, at all of the other bars I had the best Absolut Bloody Mary's I have ever had.
I wish I would have read the previous review about the inflatable raft. I would reccommend bringing one with you...The beach and ocean are gorgeous.
While we were there we went SCUBA diving through the hotel dive shop. The reef was fantastic...If you go, try to get Paolo as your instructor....he was very helpful because I was not certified.. (I took the resort course there...$129.00 for 2 dives and the class...great deal!)
Before we left home, we went to the bank and got about 80.00 in ones..... we tipped everyone....they never expect it - but you know they appreciate it....AND, for the service you receive, it is soooooo worth it!!!
I got teary eyed when we had to leave...this place is that fabulous...
My husband and I will DEFINATELY be back next year!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen