Stay: December 9-16, 2008
Transfer: American Express transfer service was very efficient and on time.
Check in: Efficient and friendly.
Grounds: Fabulous, beach wide and beautiful. Plenty of hammocks and loungers available all day pool and beachside. Beach is filled with palms. Good shade available for those who need it.
Food: Great selection at the buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Specialty themes each evening. Krystal fusion restaurant ala carte was a wonderful experience.
Staff: Without exception, friendly, helpful and courteous. One of the main reasons we vow to return to Riu resorts.
Pools: Pools were clean and clear with plenty of palms and umbrellas.
Renova Spa: I used the hair salon to have braids done. Excellent service and price.
Laundry: We had our travel clothes washed and ironed. Excellent turnaround time and care in handling our clothes. Bravo!
Room: Excellent view of the lovely fountains. Our room attendant was fantastic, towel art, fresh flowers and attention to detail every day and night.
Amimacion: The team endeavors to get folks involved in a variety of activities, but they are never pushy.
Kids club: We observed the children and their caretakers each day, the children looked like they were enjoying a variety of activities.
Beverages: In-room fridge restocked every day. Bar service excellent with good selection of liquors as well as Corona and Negra Modelo beer available.
Entertainment: Music each night in the courtyard plaza, the evening shows were very good. We especially enjoy the Mariachi and Mayan show.
Other Riu resorts: We had occasion to visit the three Riu's in Cancun: Riu Caribe, Riu Cancun and Riu Palace Las Americas as well as the 5 other Playa del Carmen Riu's--Yucatan, Tequila, Lupita, Playacar, and the Riu Palace Riviera Maya. We were able to enjoy beverages and breakfast and/or lunch at those restaurants inclusive to our stay at the Riu Palace Mexico. Without fail we found the service and grounds to be excellent. Each has its own charm, and I can see why there are folks who return to each.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int???L. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen