Just back from an excellent week at the Riu Palace Mexico. We travelled just my wife and I and found exactly what we were looking for, a great resort with great staff, beautiful beach and good food. This was our second stay at a Riu Palace, the other was in the Dominican Republic and we feel the Riu Palace Mexico is the best resort we have visited so far. The staff were EXCELLENT at this property, so friendly and helpful in any way, drink service was always great and the waiters in the buffet's were excellent. I have to give a HUGE shout out to Luis who worked the breakfast buffet and lunch buffet, remembered what we drank from day one and prepared a special table for us on our last day at breakfast, always a great smile and excellent service, so well done to you Luis!! We didnt eat any of the specialty restaurants, we spent a few evenings in town at our local favorites and ate the buffet every other evening, which was more than adequate for us. We had an excellent relaxing time on the pristine beach every day, I did a whole bunch of diving with the great folks at scuba caribe while my wife worshiped the sun gods.
We dont mind the more modern decore, we did visit the Palace Riviera Maya and thought it was very nice as well, but really have no preference between the two. We walked over to the Riu Yucatan one day and it was very loud around the pool bar, but no fault of the hotel, there were about 25 people having a great time and thats perfectly fine, we just prefer the little more layed back vibe at the Palace Mexico, and if your in the mood for more you can always walk across the street or next door.
Two minor flaws we noticed, noise traveled easily through the room walls and you can only make dinner reservations on the morning of (which wasnt a hinderance for us but would have been if we wanted the reservations). However the flaws were extremely minor compared to the excellent quality of this hotel.
We are already looking to book for april if that means anything!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int???L. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Despegar.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen