I stayed at the Riu Palace Mexico for 1 week October 2013. Prior to travelling, I read many reviews that helped me decide which hotel to stay at, so I figured I might as well pay it forward and write one as well.
I LOVED THIS VACATION, it truly couldn't have been any more perfect. I traveled with my boyfriend and from the first moment at the hotel, to the moment we left, we had nothing but an amazing experience. The service at the hotel is wonderful, all staff are friendly and helpful. Our room was ready by 1:30p.m., and we had a courtyard facing room on the 2nd floor. I didn't mind the open concept at all, nor did I mind the "modern" look. The bed was extremely comfortable, the water pressure in the shower was great. We ordered room service and they were quick and friendly bringing the food into the room and setting it up on our table. The sofa area added nice extra space to the room, although I don't think I actually sat on the sofa.
The hotel grounds were exceptionally clean and spacious. Lots of greenery, palm trees and fountains. The beach was beautiful! Calm, clear turquoise water. White sand beach, and it was never a problem to find a lounge chair. A waiter brought drinks to the beach frequently which was wonderful. The pools were always clean, and we loved the swim up bar. Ernesto was friendly, funny and made our drinks exactly how we requested them.
There was never a problem to find something good to eat. The buffet had lots of variety and selection, and changed every day. The service was amazing at every meal. We ate at Krystal, the Steakhouse and the Japanese specialty restaurants. The steakhouse was AMAZING, highly recommended, plus you can't beat the view of eating right by the beach. Amazing experience. We really enjoyed the Japanese as well. Krystal wasn't our favourite, as it tried to be a little too "gourmet" for us, however this was just personal preference as the food still tasted good.
As for activities and excursions, We did a Xel-Ha excursion, trip to Tulum, 5th avenue, jet-skiing and kayaking. All excursions were great, safe and fun. We loved that Playacar is a gated community, felt safe as well was very clean. The entertainment staff were always present and upbeat throughout the resort and extremely friendly.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, as well would plan to go back in the future. Most amazing vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int???L. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen