I stayed there from 3rd Sept 13 for a week.... We travelled with Thomson who I will never travel with again a complete nightmare...
On arrival we were amazed by the staff a complete stress free check in, the room was lovely very modern... a few people have complained about the size of the room where the toilet is located (but lets face it how big does it need to be its not like your spending your holiday on the toilet)... the towel art adds a nice touch. Yes its true the tiles can get slippy but putting a towel outside the shower solves most problems and standing on a towel when applying and sun sprays or aftersun helps too.
The choice of restaurants is really good my partner has a nut allergy so we tend to play it safe.... the steackhouse was lovely we had lunch there everyday our waiter seen to us all week and beer waiting for us on the table before we even finished getting our food. The buffet on the evening i was sceptical about but it was fabulous champagne and food art were amazing.
The tiles around the pool and fountain can get slippy a lot of people have complained about that but its like anywhere just be careful dont try and do a 100m sprint and youll be fine...
the staff cant do enough for you the entertainers are fab and the atmosphere is great... we had no security issues when we were there i have seen a few comments regarding that... the safe was secure and we had no problems.
The only thing i would say is the hotel to the left of riu palace played loud music during the night time around 11pm to 12.30 ish this was disturbing so if possible try to avoid it ... we didnt complain this isnt the hotels fault and was a minor problem... half the time we were that tired we slept through it...
and also Thomson told us we couldnt use dollars ... a load of rubbish everyone used them and its a much easier currency to use than pesos :)
fab hotel amazing first holiday just me and my boyfriend ... Wish i was there now... hope this info has helped :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen