Just got back from 2 weeks here, brilliant, food good, staff fantastic, so friendly & helpful, location is great.
Not happy that Riu have relaxed the dress code to a point that's anything goes, standards have slipped, even the Brits are coming into dinner like they have just come off the beach, some people looked positively scruffy it appears from what we were told that some nationalities don't like getting dressed up, what's wrong with smart casual...... But please tatty flip flops and shorts are not acceptable at dinner.
The cleanliness of this hotel is superb.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, RIU Hotels and Resorts, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen