My wife and I (late 60's) went to RPM 7-12-2013 to 7-20-2013. We were there last year 7-13 to 7-21, just before remodeling. Our thoughts about the new look--"Simply Beautiful".
Upon arrival, we were greeted at the front door by Head Bell Man, Manuel with a big smile and "Welcome Home" greeting. We knew that it was going to be a special vacation.
Check in went smoothly, a very friendly front desk crew, and within 20 minutes of arrival, we were on our way to our room. We had requested our same room as last year, or one nearby, and fortunately were able to get the same room. We could look out of our room and see Cozumel in the distance across the Caribbean Sea. We could see the Hotels there and also the Cruise Ships that were docked there.
We enjoyed our time around the pools and took part in some of the activities. Alvaro and his Entertainment crew work tirelessly to keep everyone with something that all can enjoy doing. We really enjoyed the water aerobic classes daily. The crew that leads this class are really energetic and entertaining. A new feature this year was a tour of the main kitchen at the RPM. It is at 12:30 on Thursdays and is led by Alvaro and his team. You are greeted at the Don Julian Buffet Restaurant by Head Chef of the hotel, Adrian. You are escorted throughout the kitchen area for a very informative tour. We also enjoyed the Ice Sculpture demonstration, by the swimming pool area.
The food was really good in the Don Julian Buffet. A great variety that should please anyone's taste. We also had dinner at Krystal and the Mexican Restaurants. Both were very good. We would like to give thanks to all of the wait staff throughout the hotel. We were well cared for by Head Waiter Rafael, both Raul's, Carlos, Eliel, Josephina, Manuela and many others whose names I can't remember. They waited on us last year also. All remembered us.
The Bartenders and Waiters throughout the hotel, pool bar, beach, etc. worked real hard to keep everyone supplied with plenty of good drinks. The guys really hustled to get your drinks for you as soon as possible. Great Job guys.
The pools were a big improvement over the old ones. They provided plenty of room for the many activities led by the Entertainment Crew. Plenty of lounge chairs were available, both with sun or shade. The beach was beautiful and was always kept real clean. There were plenty of lounge chairs there and plenty of Palm trees for shade, if desired.
The nightly entertainment, after dinner, was a great way to end the day. We really enjoyed the magic show, circus show and Grease.
The maintenance crew really do a great job in keeping the hotel grounds looking clean and beautiful. If you think about it, remember to bring them a bottle of cold water, 7- Up, etc., on your way down to the pool. My wife had read about this on one of the reviews that we read. We did this on several occasions and they really did appreciate getting the cold drinks.
The house keeping staff do a real good job in the rooms. Beautiful towel art on the beds daily. Remember to tip them daily. They work long hours.
In closing, don't forget to tip all of the service workers. They work real hard and long hours, to help make your stay pleasant and memorable.
We can't wait to go back again next year to see these special people again. They really made our second trip there a very special one. This was our 16th trip to the Cancun area. Twelve to Cancun and now four to the Playa del Carmen area. We plan to keep going back to this beautiful place.
Special thanks to Public Relations Manager, Ildiko Polgar and all of the other managers, for the friendly hospitality shown to all of the guests.
P.S. Don't forget to visit 5th Avenue in Playa del Carmen for good shopping and fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 24-hour All Inclusive Hotel Riu Palace Mexico opens all year round, located on the Playa del Carmen beach, on the Playacar residential estate, along with the Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Playacar, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila. RIU Palace is the most elegant category in the RIU hotel chain, with hotels that meet the highest standards in terms of luxury, excellence and sophistication, creating a unique experience. The location is ideal due to its proximity to Cancun Airport CUN (55 km) and Playa del Carmen (2 km) and invites you to explore the area. The hotel has 434 comfortably furnished rooms with free Wi-Fi and offers many amenities. Relax in our spa, or get fit in the gym or on the tennis courts. 4 outdoor pools, 1 children's pool. Day and evening entertainment, as well as Pacha discotheque. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main restaurant, Japanese, Mexican and Italian, Krystal Fusion restaurants, Steakhouse, as well as 5 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen